• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Clean MS361 with low hours

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeekendWood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to finally replace the almost new MS361 I sold a few years ago. Let me know About yours if you’re willing to sell it. Also,
let me know if you think I should consider an MS362 or MS362C-M, the newer ones.

Thanks,
Jim

I've owned both a 361 and a 362 carbed version. Both were great saws, but for me personally I preferred the 361. Seemed to have a bit more power, seemed easier to tune, easier to work on (not a strato), great "feel" if that makes any sense. The only downside to the 361 IMO is the air filter. The newer 362s have a great air filter setup.

I've owned both a 361 and a 362 carbed version. Both were great saws, but for me personally I preferred the 361. Seemed to have a bit more power, seemed easier to tune, easier to work on (not a strato), great "feel" if that makes any sense. The only downside to the 361 IMO is the air filter. The newer 362s have a great air filter setup.
Thanks for the feedback LogSawyer. I haven’t used a 362, but really like my 361 when I had it. Just knew I didn’t need it for a few years with the military moving me around so much. Thanks again for the perspective on both; will find a good 361 and be happy.

Looking to finally replace the almost new MS361 I sold a few years ago. Let me know About yours if you’re willing to sell it. Also,
let me know if you think I should consider an MS362 or MS362C-M, the newer ones.

Thanks,
Jim
Dang bad timing I just sold 2 of them that we're clean and no stay with a 361 over a 362 any day

Who did the carving?
Terry Landrum, it's a nice running saw and about as close to a husky as you get, but it's a stihl. I run the smaller stihls a good bit, but the ported 440 Del did and the 361 I pull out and cut with much less, just rather run a husky once they get to 50cc or larger.
Hard seasoned ash.

Terry Landrum, it's a nice running saw and about as close to a husky as you get, but it's a stihl. I run the smaller stihls a good bit, but the ported 440 Del did and the 361 I pull out and cut will much less, just rather run a husky once they get to 50cc or larger.
Hard seasoned ash.

..."but it's a Stihl"...:drinkingcoffee:

Thing looks like it cuts like a Husky. Spring AV. Just sayin'...
Closer, yes the av is more husky like, but the handlebar is more stihl/jred like. I'd run it more but I usually skip the 60cc saws and jump from a 50 to a 70, and I have ported huskys I can run if I wanted a 60.
The 261 handlebar angle is better, not sure on the 462, can't remember but it didn't feel to bad in hand, the smaller saws I care less because of the weight.

But with a ported 60cc, you could forget about the 70 (unless it's ported).;)
Why wouldn't it be :D. I have plenty of both depending on what I'm doing and where I'm working. Mainly at/mt saws for working, and the ported and earlier saws for firewooding and messing around, it's good to have a balance of them all :happy:.

Latest posts

Back