Clean Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same here.

I always make sure I clean up good. It's one of the most important things on a job. No matter how well you pruned a tree or how well you got a tree down if you dont clean up good that's all they are going to remember you by. Most homeowners don't know a good pruning cut when they see it but they sure know what a clean yard looks like.

i get most of my compliments for cleanup.amazing how many guys don't do it or do it poorly.

it is a rake for the 3pt hitch on a tractor.

I second the not knowing of what a york rake is. Could someone give a description of one or better yet post a picture. I have had other people tell me that one would be useful in cleanup. Again I don't trust just anyone but if they are on AS then they are cool with me.
Jared

they come is several different widths.i like them the width of the back tires.i usually turn the rake itself around backwards and push everything into a pile in reverse.then i pick it up with the grapple and take it to the chipper unless i have a customer with a woods who allows dumping there. this has saved me so much time and also my back appreciates it.

I'm a small time guy but do big work. The best way I have found to handle clean up is hire as many as you need to get the job done quickly. I am doing a whole condominium complex this week, 56 trees to work on, 8 removals and spray 34 pines. I did all of my removals the first day and had 5 guys on the job. I scaled back to 4 today and will scale back to three tomorrow to finish the remaining pruning and trimming. Just me and one other guy will grind the stumps and spray the pines Saturday. It's all about management. Spend what you need up front to get the Job done and it will save you in the long run. I have 12 stumps to grind Sat. in the same locale spread between 3 jobs, 34 pines to spray and will do it with one other guy in about 6 hours. Heck I am doing 14.5 this week (working 7 days) and have 3 lined up to do with a crane next week for even more. Having to scramble to make my sales calls and it's been hard to keep up with all the work. So far, this year has rocked! :rock:

Last edited:
Back