climber gets arm burned by overloaded rigging rope when rigging rope fails

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you're gonna be okay. Very fortunate the block didn't hit you, probably wouldn't have turned out as well. I've rigged just as you described but I always step up a rope size or two for the line going over the crotch holding the block when dropping big loads. Although I'm not a fizzicist, I know dat line be under gwate stwess!

Glad you're gonna be okay. Very fortunate the block didn't hit you, probably wouldn't have turned out as well. I've rigged just as you described but I always step up a rope size or two for the line going over the crotch holding the block when dropping big loads. Although I'm not a fizzicist, I know dat line be under gwate stwess!

eggzwactlee!

scarring

Better than the butter I have been slathering on?

once the wound starts scabbing, try applying "aquaphor". It's somewhat like petroleum jelly & at the drug store. They give it to cancer victims & it helps healing & to bring elasticity to the skin.
Heal fast!

once the wound starts scabbing, try applying "aquaphor". It's somewhat like petroleum jelly & at the drug store. They give it to cancer victims & it helps healing & to bring elasticity to the skin.
Heal fast!

Thanks Greg! I'll check that out...I've been slathering on a triple antibiotic...I could always use some additional elasticity. Because this injury is right in the crook of my elbow elasticity is going to be key...as any sort of scab type layer forms it just gets folded, crinkled, etc....

Back