Climbing rig pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some old pics of things I have tried over the years.
102_6312-1.jpg

His one is actually the one that I still use today. The blue Tenex is the tether to my saddle. The white cord is a foot loop (other foot as a Pantin). The blue key biner with shock cord is what advances the Microcender (also attached at saddle)
002-2.jpg

005.jpg

003-1.jpg

Here is a knot that I use sometimes. I think it makes the best adjuster for my lanyard, but I will use it as my main climbing line friction hitch sometimes.
102_6520.jpg

102_6521.jpg

Last edited:
Well i heared of 2 crane outrigger accidents he's had in recent years; as he has shifted gears. Be fairly warned; if this can happen to one of such broad experience; the fickled finger of fate; could choose any of our directions to point in!

The one I heard of, and talked to him about, had him trapped for nearly 5 min because with the workplace noise no one heard him screaming till the crane OE walked around to his side of the truck. :eek:

bout time buzzid.

Yeah right, I hear ya man.

I was standing around outside the office looking at the vt and hitch climber all set up for what seemed like too long - the vt fascinates me after all the years old school, thing looks like its footlocking or sumthin....very cool indeed.

Them blue gloves are pretty sweet too. I still feel like a geek when all suited up though, lol.

Time to rock and roll tomoro, sweet string of takedowns came in lately :greenchainsaw:

Anyways, just appreciating AS right now :cheers:

The one I heard of, and talked to him about, had him trapped for nearly 5 min because with the workplace noise no one heard him screaming till the crane OE walked around to his side of the truck. :eek:

wow.

talk about one tough SOB. and the dude is still doing it. respect.

i wonder if i'll ever be lucky enough to shake the man's hand. he's like the 200t to me.

Last edited:
wow.

talk about one tough SOB. and the dude is still doing it. respect.

i wonder if i'll ever be lucky enough to shake the man's hand. he's like the 200t to me.

Go to the ISA convention and you will be able to get a signature edition of his book. "To Ol' Dirty, from Jer." Then buy him a drink at the nearest bar latter in the day. The crowd he hangs with is tres cool; bunch of bikers and ridge runners. Charly Pottorff looks like Santa all juiced up and in leather.

Jerry looks like someones older uncle :D, sit back and let those guys spin their tales and it is something else.

If you get a chance to talk to Don Blair, ask about the huge tree he could not figure out how his Dad had transferred stems years before.

1:1 Dual line ascent, use both sides.
1:1 Single line ascent, use one side.
Old-fashioned 2:1 DdRT ascent, pull rope down through one side, leaving the other side alone.

Take your pick. I can't see how ascent can be any easier or efficient with any method so readily at hand.
attachment.php

1:1 Dual line ascent, use both sides.
1:1 Single line ascent, use one side.
Old-fashioned 2:1 DdRT ascent, pull rope down through one side, leaving the other side alone.

Take your pick. I can't see how ascent can be any easier or efficient with any method so readily at hand.
attachment.php

THAT'S PRETTY COOL! Whipping handles together - got to be better on the hands. Gotta rep that.

Assume sling to saddle - what's below: foot ascender? footlock? prusik loop? body-thrust? all-of-the-above?

Assume fig-8 on each end of rope - any back-up attachment?

singlejack said:
THAT'S PRETTY COOL! Whipping handles together -
That's not what's holding the ascenders together. The shotline whipping makes the handle fatter for really nice feel.
singlejack said:
Assume sling to saddle -
Slings to saddle, I use two, and an ISC quad-lock connector.
singlejack said:
what's below: foot ascender? footlock? prusik loop? body-thrust? all-of-the-above?
Just footlock, keeping it simple and easy. Footlocking 1:1 on twin line is a world apart from DdRT-style 2:1 footlocking.
singlejack said:
Assume fig-8 on each end of rope
Spliced eyes on each end. On ropes where I have only one eye, yes, a stopper knot at the other end.
singlejack said:
any back-up attachment?
Two specific and critical pieces, working together offer a means by which the ascender cams can not open enough to allow it to lock in the open position, nor could the rope escape the ascender shell even if the cam would somehow lodge open and not close. One safety backs up the other safety which together are both acting as safety to the cam/ascender shell unit, which in and of itself is an extremely fail-resistant system. The redundancy is built-in. One-handed down-adjustability is maintained and the minimalist system keeps things uncomplicated, uncluttered and very, very user-friendly.

Here's another pic:
attachment.php

Back