Climbing without a saftety line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
masiman is correct!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry If I Mis-led Anyone, Please Forgive Me??????????

Well thanks for caring dan. Yeah I got some estimates to do, and then some other errrands like putting some money in the bank and picking up some Red Cedar I had milled - anyone want it? No on the job to go do unfortunately, work is dead but I may have a nice winter job coming up soon hopefully. Its clearing trees back from two miles of fencing at this exotic bird sanctuary in town, so the critters cant get in and eat the flamingo's etc. You ought to see them flamingo's dan, just your kind of bird, no doubt, lol.

Flamingos are ok I guess but lately I have just been surounded by
Thebridge001-2.jpg

Buzzards.

when I started.....it was free climb if you used the sissy strap man did you take a pounding, I dont know if any one remembers but big orange had the worst "buck straps" ever!! trying to adjust that thing in the air would surely bring death to ya!
same here, the only strap I ever had back then was about 24 inches long and not adjustable and was only used to hold you long enough to tie in or to help hold your balance while out on a different leader or limb then they gave us them dang buck straps you speak of and yes the where the worst ever.....

back on topic: just use your flip line or what ever you have and as stated before, you'll be fine.

I just wanted to add on 2 of the last 3 trees I climbed I would have been killed or f-ed up if I had not been using a lanyard, the first time was a dead red oak and both spikes came out (I didn't kick them in good, thought my weight was enough) and the second was a removal on a sweet gum, pretty much the same thing as the first time, that is a habit I need to break and start kicking them better but my point is that I'm here to tell it because I use the 100% tie-in rule now and i was one of the worlds worst about free climbing when I was younger and 100 pounds less.

I just wanted to add on 2 of the last 3 trees I climbed I would have been killed or f-ed up if I had not been using a lanyard, the first time was a dead red oak and both spikes came out (I didn't kick them in good, thought my weight was enough) and the second was a removal on a sweet gum, pretty much the same thing as the first time, that is a habit I need to break and start kicking them better but my point is that I'm here to tell it because I use the 100% tie-in rule now and i was one of the worlds worst about free climbing when I was younger and 100 pounds less.

Glad to see you used the lanyard. 100 pounds less? You must have a huge gut like some of these guys talk about. I know it's all muscle, lol.

I climb everything, I suppose that's why I stay in shape. Seriously though, an invasive gut has to be a climbing hazzard in itself.

I climb way too many trees, way too high out to not use a lanyard...plus if I fell and it came time to collect compo, it'd be a hard one to explain...we pound up tall trees all day with two steelcore lanyards...always got a strap on

Latest posts

Back