Clip scored 266 jug - use or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tor R

Tor R

Addicted to ArboristSite
Cylinder has an old clip scoring, upper-lower transfer.
Cant see anything wrong on the piston, perhaps he exchanged it.

Question is, can this jug be used?

Also, there is double cylinder gasket, was that normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 67
nmurph

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
That cylinder will be fine. I would make sure there is no metal standing proud of the wall bf assembly.

I've never seen two gaskets. Some P/C kits came with a thicker base gasket to reduce compression so the saw would run on the lesser quality fuel often found in the third world countries. I would measure the squish bf I put it back together, and eliminate as much of the clearance as I could get by with.

Tor R

Tor R

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks alot for the fast reply nmurph and redoakman.
It was what I hoped for.
I totally agree with both of you to check the squish, clueless why they put 2 gaskets. I will get it done today.

My guess is that he clip scored it, delivered to the shop for ages ago for a repair.
Eventually the saw stop due a carb screw who broke and somehow its not scored by that either. Seems to be a lucky saw lol

redfin

redfin

Fish & Chips!!!
My local Still dealer told me he once doubled up two gaskets for an older fella that was having trouble starting his saw.

Tor R

Tor R

Addicted to ArboristSite
I appreciate all the input people provide.

I have been s bit away for a few days, have a couple dachs dogs where the old one have got a disc issue.

I think they put two gaskets when they exchanged the piston for some reasons, dont know if it was start issues, octane problem, or just by a mistake.

Will try to put her together this weekend, check spark and those things before I put money in her.
266SG/XPG is rare here in Norway.

nmurph, I never thought about that one, great idea, will buy a coke tommorow, should bring her up in a nice compression.