clutch clip on 372 husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about one of these? If you are these are mechanical!!!!! So make sure you get an OEM one. A chinesium, or a Husky on a Stihl, or a Stihl on a Husky, etc. and you could blow up your saw, kill the dog, tank the economy, set off a nuclear bomb, invite an alien invasion, etc.

Or worse. @cuinrearview

STIHL_E-CLIP__88418.1499715172.1280.1280.png

Do you mean a clutch spring? C shaped spring between clutch shoes. Or e-clip on crank end?
Pretty sure the Huskies are the only ones with the C springs.

@old guy the clutch springs are model specific. Luckily there are quite a few Husqvarna models that use them. If you indeed mean the E clip at the end of the shaft, those are available at most hardware stores.

Are you talking about one of these? If you are these are mechanical!!!!! So make sure you get an OEM one. A chinesium, or a Husky on a Stihl, or a Stihl on a Husky, etc. and you could blow up your saw, kill the dog, tank the economy, set off a nuclear bomb, invite an alien invasion, etc.

Or worse. @cuinrearview

STIHL_E-CLIP__88418.1499715172.1280.1280.png
I think he was genuinely asking for help here Bill. Can you please cut your childish **** out?

Yes, the E clip on the end of the shaft, I'm sure they are metric, so I question the hardware store ones. I guess nobody knows if they are the same between husky & stihl
What the heck is a stihl? I do have a few husqvarna ones in my garage. PM me your address and I will mail you one. Hardware should carry one that will fit.

Here;s a follow up on this, I went to a local Runnings store, it's a lot like Fleet Farm and they have a big Stihl dept.
I asked for an E clip for a 362, told them it was probably metric m8, one guy headed for the hardware dept., the other looked up the Stihl # and got out 3 of those, they were the same except the one from the hardware dept. appeared to be about .010 thinner than the Stihl one.
I bought 3 of the Stihl ones. It snapped nice & tight on the 372.

Here;s a follow up on this, I went to a local Runnings store, it's a lot like Fleet Farm and they have a big Stihl dept.
I asked for an E clip for a 362, told them it was probably metric m8, one guy headed for the hardware dept., the other looked up the Stihl # and got out 3 of those, they were the same except the one from the hardware dept. appeared to be about .010 thinner than the Stihl one.
I bought 3 of the Stihl ones. It snapped nice & tight on the 372.
How thick are they? The 8mm here at work from our supply crib are exactly 1mm.

Back