coil is a coil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
my 044 coil gave up.its the one it came with in 1995. i had a cheep coil from amazon, the one that fits all saws.it fires up,but high rpm .and can not slow it down. so is the coil from baileys the same one from china?

my 044 coil gave up.its the one it came with in 1995. i had a cheep coil from amazon, the one that fits all saws.it fires up,but high rpm .and can not slow it down. so is the coil from baileys the same one from china?
Not positive, but your original may be under Stihls extended warranty. I don't have that info available right now.
At one point they used like two coils for almost everything.
A 0000 400 1300 and 0000 400 1305 or something along those lines. I don't understand what the running problem is. Are you saying it overspeed's?
I just had to replace a coil on a MS 361. It listed for $175.00.
I was on Amazon and was very tempted. Only thing that stopped me was it would take 2 weeks. Customer wasn't happy, and didn't want to wait. Because of the price, I doubt I'll every see him again.

What do you mean by high rpm? Is it just running faster at idle than it should or is it running near max rpm like the throttle is stuck open? Not likely the coil if it's running max rpm but could be running faster at idle because of difference in low speed timing.

I think the china coil is not right for the 044, very hard to start. revs up to 6to 8k and will stay there for a few seconds and dies. i will get a used oem coil this week and try it. saw was running great befor the coil died.

Latest posts

Back