Collecting in the hunt again,,,,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just paid for a Husqvarna 480 CD chain saw. Another one added to the herd, I hope they all don’t poop at the same time. Lol this is a big block like the 2100/2101/298 similair size wise. I read the husky 288 will give it a run for its money but it’s Husqvarna history.

So far it’s husqvarna, jonsered, and partner saws.

I been thinkin about buyin a late 90's 024av that I don't need.

Looks like a pretty neat little saw. But probably would be needin fuel lines and stuff.

Shop around they can be found affordable. I need more projects. Plus collecting these vintage saws from the past made me $$ when I needed it. The least I can do is restore them and give them a good home.

I had a 480 a couple years ago and it wasnt even close to my 288. It may have just been that saw but I wasn't impressed at all

I read that before that the 288 (88cc) out performed the 480(80 cc). The 288 is .08cc bigger.

I ran my 2100 setup for the fairs and speed cutting in the woods doing firewood I just change the chain. Once we in the upper end of the cc’s the saws are brute force. They destroy timber.
I’m just stacking the saws up like cordwood for now, once the son comes over we may fire some up.

I ran a built 288xp in the woods breaking it in, even the crankcase was polished. Again with a 16” bar she kicked butt.

I ran a built 288xp in the woods breaking it in, even the crankcase was polished. Again with a 16” bar she kicked butt.
Good to see you back in the hunt, big guy! A little fresh air and exercise is good for the soul. Got myself some today. Broke out a couple of 346’s and cut up some cherry

I just found another 268xp. I’m thinking of looking for a saw to go with my 353 maybe a 259? Or 357?

I had a like new 480cd my buddy hocked and I told the dealer to hold it for me. Down the road I traded it for a 79 husky 250 OR dirtbike that crashed off a low bridge. Stupid me I had a husky dirtbike junk yard which I still have today. I wish I kept the 480 but I got another one. There isn’t much in parts online but I’ll try my dealer. I’d like to take all my older huskys and do crank bearings, seals, ring and piston if needed. Restore each one if the compression is low.

Back