Collectors.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8mac

Spring Fling
Reaction score
To the collectors out there. What new saws have you added to your collection recently? Recently I have added a Homelite Zip, Echo 610EVL, and a Jonsered 70E.

Got a few Dolmars a 119 that will be used when the job calls for a saw that size. A 112 silver edition that has never been started and never will be.

Not much recently. Picked up a blue/green Homelite XL-103 a month or so ago. Before that was a couple Poulan climbing saws.

I have added probably 20-25 in the last few months. A few are

Stihl
Lightning

Homelite
XL-850
26LCS
Super 1050

Bill

stihl 07 and tons of parts
stihl lighting and parts
stihl 090 g
stihl blk.

Sweet Lightning

Jim L------Sweet lightning,,,way to go,,i could look at that pic all day...Thanks,,,caretaker791.

Just tonight I picked up a Homelite model 26 LCS, and a MALL #11.

Originally posted by sedanman
A 112 silver edition that has never been started and never will be.

Why would you want a saw that you never run? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of owning a saw? :confused:

The silver edition 112 is a collectors edition saw now, its like having a really rare baseball card thats still in the original plastic wrap and is only worth something if it never has anything put in the tanks. I'd like one like that just for a conversation piece.

It's like having an unfired weapon. It's only a virgin ONCE! I have a dozen or so saws. The 112 is the same physical size and weight of my 119 but the 119 is larger displacement and already broken in.

Something about "unfired weapon" puzzles me.  At least when the weapon is a small arm.  Wasn't it function tested at the factory?

Glen

It's the closest thing you can get to time travel. Once you run it it's used. This one will be forever new. The local saw shop has a brand new 020 (old style) sitting on a shelf behind the register. The owner has been offered two thousnad dollars for it, why?, because there are no others like it. THe fact that I have to explain this to you means that you will never understand. This 112 is my little piece of history, when I die, you can buy it at the estate sale and fire it up.

As I said earlier ia have added quite a few. Some of thhe ones I forgot to mention lat night was I have a complete collection of "50" series Homelites.

I have added a 350, 450, 550, 650, and 750.
Also several XL -925's
Sevaral Xl-955'
A couple C-5's
C-9

As for new saws I have a new never fired Homelite 550

As for non-collector saws the 046's have been my favorite. I had 5 but I am now down to only three and I feel naked.

Bill

Where theres thunder theres.......

Before I painted the handle on the one.

Originally posted by sedanman
The local saw shop has a brand new 020 (old style) sitting on a shelf behind the register. The owner has been offered two thousnad dollars for it, why?, because there are no others like it.

Really.
Heres a new 020AVP. A guy saw me using the one I have at work cutting up some skids. He said he had one that was new and he would sell it for $200. I told him ill be over after work.

Ive got a origional duromatic bar and chain from my stihl rep yesterday, but its still out in the barn.

Guess theres 2 of a kind.
Got a TS200 thats new too.

I need to get all my saws gathered up.

Latest posts

Back