complete clutch assembly for a Jonsered 625

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi I have a 625 Jonsered and I want to completely replace the clutch assembly on. Does anyone know the part number I need to order one? Or is there someone on this site that sells Jonsered parts?
The Clutch is a 3 shoe , Clutch Drum is set up for Rim drive and I want to keep it that way, and a new bearing. This Clutch is fine thread if that matters.

I have been looking and most of the parts I see are shown with the open side of the drum face down and rim drive sprocket facing up so I cannot tell if they will include the clutch or just the drum? Or said another way,... The photos I have seen are taken in this way, and do not show the inside of the drum so that I can tell if there is a clutch inside or not.

The set up I have on it now is an Oregon and I am fine with another Oregon,.. the part number on the drum is 26831 but if I use that in the search I would get just the drum I think.
The saw runs fine but makes an annoying rattling sound when running and does not go away when revved. I guess I could run it without the clutch to see if the noise goes away. For the price of a new assembly though I will get one anyway if I can find one. To me I cannot think of anything else that would make this rattling sound as everything else that might make the sound is tight like the muffler. Thanks Jeff

I see what you mean. You might have to buy the clutch separate.

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-27_13-37-54.png
    upload_2018-12-27_13-37-54.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 6
A clutch from a 61 268 or 272 will fit....and perhaps from a late 266. One from a 625, 630 or 670 will also fit......but the is a time line dividing the early version from the late and that is whether it's fine or coarse thread. The coarse thread ones are much harder to find and is only one configuration of those....the fine thread ones are much more prevalent and come in three different configurations I think, with the 272/670 Champ ones being the most desirable and robust of build.

May just need a bearing. Bearing greases in the end of crank in the little hole.
Shep

I have some saws where it's easy to grease through the cranks shaft hole and others really hard with a grease gun even with that forced pressure. My point is that it's always good to check if you're really squeezing grease in there.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back