Compression Release

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comp Release matters when you run a saw for a living- thought this was a logger site. Guess not. My 460 leaked within a week, bolted it - fixed it. Just trying to help folks- bolt it and see the difference. Guess it wasn't worth the trouble regeristing here. As always, the best mechanics are Montana Loggers- Do it for a living or PISS OFF- Tough time to be the real deal
I'm not a logger and I don't know jack sh*t but I did find this picture rather fitting:

Failed.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Stihl compression release works better than the Husqvarna compression release. I run each brand twelve hours a day and I know what I'm talking about.

:popcorn:

Mr. HE:cool:

Kinda gotta say my peace on this...

Comp Release matters when you run a saw for a living- thought this was a logger site. Guess not. My 460 leaked within a week, bolted it - fixed it. Just trying to help folks- bolt it and see the difference. Guess it wasn't worth the trouble regeristing here. As always, the best mechanics are Montana Loggers- Do it for a living or PISS OFF- Tough time to be the real deal

*thought this was a logger site* Think if you go to the home page you will see there is all kinda people that does diffrent things with wood...Yes,,,alot of loggers on here,,,people who cuts on weekends for firewood,,,forest management people,,,alot that needs advice on a simple repair,,or more in depth to that,,and people that mill,,alot of us get on just to relax and have a good time......
You can tell me how many trees you cut down and give your 2 cents worth in,,but to tell people to piss off,,aint cool man,,just aint cool...
I like my comp release on my saws...Never gave me a min. trouble...I have a Mcc 7-10 and prob. twice as old as you are and never give me a min of trouble...Kinda hit me the wrong way with if your not a logger on this site your not crap,,well I tell ya,,,Start doin some CSMing with yours,,and see how much maintance you have to put into it...
:censored:

Got to dissagree, when you fall for a living you notice things. If you don't run your saw much, then don't worry about it. My saw gets pulled apart every weekend, so the release does get bumped, and on stihls this does result in blow-by and the bolt is the cheapest hop-up you can get. It'll rip. Like I said, just my 2 cents. If you are not running 40 hours a week, then forget it. Enjoy your saws!-Sam

I understand what your saying exactly, and it was just a helpful hint! It seems it dosent pay to be helpful though! The only time I have ever used a compression release was if it got hit by accident, and I wonder too why it ever came about. The big selling point between the 260 and 260 pro is the compression release now what the :censored: do you need a release on a 50cc saw for? Most people I cut with have more trouble worrying about pulling the rope clear out of the saw than needing a compression release to turn a saw over. If you cant start a saw without a release you might as well stay home cause your not gonna get any work done any way!
:greenchainsaw:

If you are pulling 90 times to start it, you need to work on your saw!

There should be no blow by in a properly functioning compression release. If you accidentally bump it while the saw is running, it will automatically seal back up again.
+1 I would give up after 45 pulls.:)

HaHaHaHAHAhAHaHa. It wasn't worth your trouble to get registered. Go back to Montana and play with your compression release. Anybody that will pull on a saw 90 times trying to start it, Is The Real Deal. Watch the door on your way out, it's been known to hit a few in the ass.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back