Compression Tester - Anyone tried the Harbor Freight Units?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SaludaRiver

SaludaRiver

ArboristSite Lurker
Compression Test Kit

Has anyone this or any of their devices? I would prefer to order from AS sponsors,
but there is a HFT store here in town and I could look this over before I bought.

Worried that the hose is too long, though.

Thanks.

redoakneck

redoakneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have had one for 1 year. Used it about 20 times. Seems to work fine. Sometimes when I try to remove or un-screw the tube from the the plug hole it twists and can be a b$#6* to get out. Needs a nut on the end? No big deal. Good deal for the money.

jus2fat

jus2fat

Two Harley Fatboys
Many folks on this site use the Actron unit from either...
Advance Auto or Auto Zone...part # CP7827

Has Schrader valve at end of hose...and is replaceable...

$25.99
:cheers:
J2F

Taxmantoo

Taxmantoo

Plays with chainsaws
. AS Supporting Member.
I went looking for my Craftsman at Sears.com, they don't sell it anymore.
Has a coupler in it, compatible with Snap-On hoses, came with one 14/18mm hose for $25 about 25 years ago.

The replacement for it is this, currently on sale for $55:
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

If it's the same quality as my 1980s version it would be a very nice buy if they put it on sale for $40 some day.

atpchas
I have had one for 1 year. Used it about 20 times. Seems to work fine. Sometimes when I try to remove or un-screw the tube from the the plug hole it twists and can be a b$#6* to get out. Needs a nut on the end? No big deal. Good deal for the money.

Same experience here - readings were accurate enough, but the hose wasn't securely attached to the fitting that goes into the plug hole. After a few times having to reach for pliers to loosen it for removal, that tester went into the backup box.

Ma Barker

Ma Barker

ArboristSite Operative
I've got a US General that has treated me pretty well for a couple of years now. The only failure it has had was because the Schrader valve had come loose. Tightened it up & all was good. I paid about $12 for it if I recall correctly.

Ma

K5krawler

K5krawler

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Advanced Auto Brand

IMG_20110614_134124.jpg

Latest posts