Compression Tester Valve Cores

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I hear you! Its frustrating when I have the same 200$ snap on gauge that Brad does and he hasnt changed a core in 2 yrs and knowing he test probably 100x more saws than I do! What the heck gives??? Mine works great as long as the valve holds. A standard valve core reads around 30psi lower than the reduced spring pressure core

Ya I hear you! Its frustrating when I have the same 200$ snap on gauge that Brad does and he hasnt changed a core in 2 yrs and knowing he test probably 100x more saws than I do! What the heck gives??? Mine works great as long as the valve holds. A standard valve core reads around 30psi lower than the reduced spring pressure core
I'm going to start handling mine with kid gloves, lol. Are you guys testing hot?

If the standard tire core valves run about 30 psi lower, why not just use one of those and figure +30 psi? they last forever. I put a standard tire valve core in my tester maybe that is why my saws only read about 110 psi.

Thats
If the standard tire core valves run about 30 psi lower, why not just use one of those and figure +30 psi? they last forever. I put a standard tire valve core in my tester maybe that is why my saws only read about 110 psi.
no doubt why its reading low or the gauge itself?

I just ordered a 5 pack of the Balkamp #BK7009556 valves. I will compare them with the standard tires valves readings. If the tester valves aren't worth a crap and the tire valve give a consistent lower reading of say 30 psi low. I will use tire valve cores and add 30 psi.

Thats

no doubt why its reading low or the gauge itself?
I just ordered a 5 pack of the Balkamp #BK7009556 valves. I will compare them with the standard tires valves readings. If the tester valves aren't worth a crap and the tire valve give a consistent lower reading of say 30 psi low. I will use tire valve cores and add 30 psi.
If I had a saw reading blowin less than 140psi i would be looking at the gauge or my saw?

If I had a saw reading blowin less than 140psi i would be looking at the gauge or my saw?

Why? If the saw starts good and runs great. I don't worry much about compression psi or even bother testing unless I have a problem. It is a trouble shooting tool.

You guys and those $150-$200 testers make me fill good about my $15 one. :laugh:

I've tested my $15 dollar tester against the high dollar ones and they read the same. Only had 1 valve give me troubles so far in 8 years of use.

psi800338ship009.jpg

You guys and those $150-$200 testers make me fill good about my $15 one. :laugh:

I've tested my $15 dollar tester against the high dollar ones and they read the same. Only had 1 valve give me troubles so far in 8 years of use.

psi800338ship009.jpg
That's why I waited for a real good deal on a used one. Too many of the cheap ones failed on me.

So if the saw starts cold within 3 pulls, and runs great, you will tear it apart because it doesn't have 140 psi?
If it only has 110psi the gauge is bad, u have a problem somwhere or the saw is worn out on its last leg but I can bet u that its reading very low because of the wrong valve and not ur saw?

Latest posts

Back