Compression Tester Valve Cores

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I just got the new valve cores from NAPA. First I did the test with the valve core that was in there I got 112 psi, after 12 pulls. Then I put in the new valve core Balkamp # BK7009556 tested it again and it had160 psi. 48 more psi with the new valve. I knew nothing was wrong with the saw the way it starts and ran. Btw there was not a dam thing wrong with the gauge just the stupid 50 cent valve core.

Ok I just got the new valve cores from NAPA. First I did the test with the valve core that was in there I got 112 psi, after 12 pulls. Then I put in the new valve core Balkamp # BK7009556 tested it again and it had160 psi. 48 more psi with the new valve. I knew nothing was wrong with the saw the way it starts and ran. Btw there was not a dam thing wrong with the gauge just the stupid 50 cent valve core.
We told u it was either the gauge or saw. Its possible to start the saw with 110psi

I didn't know I was suppose to have trouble with my tester. It is a Milton that I got in 1979. I have never changed the Schrader valve.
I just got a set of three adapters, for different spark plug sizes, they make the readings about 30 PSI lower. They each need a their own valve in them. I guess the error on a big block would be a lot less.

Latest posts

Back