confused by husqvarna 268 #*#?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought a spark tester and tried it out, and damn, the saw suprised me and started!! Someone ported the heck out of the muffler, added two ports so now it has 3! Is that too much? No kill switch wire, do you think thats something I can find or make my own? I know one end attaches to the switcj, what about the other end?
Can always just pull the choke to kill it. That’s what I’m doing with mine until I can get a different switch.

Is there a way I can attach a kill switch wire to this coil? Im afraid I will break that litle tab off if I pull too hard, not sure how or if it comes off. I tried to kill it with the kill switch, but it took a long time, perhaps the idle is really high

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 15
Is there a way I can attach a kill switch wire to this coil? Im afraid I will break that litle tab off if I pull too hard, not sure how or if it comes off. I tried to kill it with the kill switch, but it took a long time, perhaps the idle is really high
That looks like a standard "flag" terminal which should pull *straight* off. It may help to wiggle it a little bit as you pull straight up. The Stihl versions have no cover and a "latch" that has to be pushed to release the terminal.

I always pry with the smallest screwdriver I can't find with tabs like that. Partly because it's easier to be gentle compared to pulling the flag with you finger, at least for me. And because with my fat finger out of the way I can see easier if either it's a locking connector (rare in my experience) or if I'm damaging it and should adjust my approach. If it's going to hell I grab the Dremel and do surgery to remove the connector and figure out what's up. This isn't coil specific, I just take apart a LOT of old electronics, and you never know what parts aren't replaceable

thanks, I was able to pry it off with a small screwdriver and some wiggling. Appreciate all the help I got. Ordered a kill wire and HD air filter set up, so hopefully I'm good to go. Have to decide if i want to rebuild the carb or not. Came with a 32" bar which seems awful big to a weenie like me

thanks, I was able to pry it off with a small screwdriver and some wiggling. Appreciate all the help I got. Ordered a kill wire and HD air filter set up, so hopefully I'm good to go. Have to decide if i want to rebuild the carb or not. Came with a 32" bar which seems awful big to a weenie like me
32 for a ~70cc saw is a little bit of a stretch, but my 272 pulled a 32 without any problems. I'd see if you like the reach it gives you, if you think it's perfect keep it. If you wish it were a little shorter put a 28 on it. The big thing to remember is just because you have a 32 inch bar does not mean you have to use all 32 inches.

32 for a ~70cc saw is a little bit of a stretch, but my 272 pulled a 32 without any problems. I'd see if you like the reach it gives you, if you think it's perfect keep it. If you wish it were a little shorter put a 28 on it. The big thing to remember is just because you have a 32 inch bar does not mean you have to use all 32 inches.
My gf said the same thing

Back