Considering a 261 C-M or a 362 C-M, QC my logic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We run 4 261s for general ground and limbing cuts and felling up to 16". They all wear 20" .325 for tall guys with bad backs. We used to have 2 261c-m, but they become very difficult to start when hot. The standard carb models are very good reliable saws and surprisingly powerful for their size.

We had two 362c-m, but sold them because of the hot starting problem. We have two standard carb models wearing 24" 3/8. I find them sluggish and heavy. I like the Husky 562 much better.

Don't get a 441 as your 70cc. They have a short production run with lots of known problems. 460, 461, and 372 are all better saws.

I would go with the two saw plan starting with a 50cc then a 70cc. And port them both, of course.

Thanks everyone. Ended up picking up a 261C-M yesterday. I went back and forth on the 261 and 362 a lot. Each approach had pros and cons. But in the end I went with the 261 and so far I'm very happy with the decision.

261 and 362 side by side at the dealer I ended up buying from, both with 18" bars. I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time standing there comparing and thinking it over. :cool:

fHAN8LK.jpg

Decided to go light.

4JcKC90.jpg

e3ONlLx.jpg

Burned through these two cuts on this downed maple laughably fast. Felt great too. The anti-vibration is better than anything I've ever handled.

DZf7lUc.jpg

Tinkered with it on a downed oak way in the back. Not practical to get at this one for firewood, so I just had some fun. Anyone need a coaster? ;)

n6FoJZt.jpg

Latest posts

Back