Contracts are optional.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well it got settled today 6-29, the settlement was $1750.00.....when it came down to it I would have payed my Atty round $1500 for services & 50/50 on how it would turn out.

The home owners really didnt have a case to justify what the magistrate gave them judement for, my Atty (who is on retainer/standby) basically told them (including their Atty) the circumstances dont favor them at all....so in agreement their Atty suggested they should (better) accept the offer!!

I guess $1750 is better than $4500+ & I did learn alot from this.......! So what am I doing now, well after some storm damaged tree work from last week....I am currently doing a paver patio, versa Lok wall project & a perimeter landscape!! this owner said: do what needs done!...Thank god!!

Thanks everyone for listening & the advice, I know there might have been some back n forth stuff.....but hey, water under the bridge & moving on!!

LXT....................

well it got settled today 6-29, the settlement was $1750.00.....when it came down to it I would have payed my Atty round $1500 for services & 50/50 on how it would turn out.

The home owners really didnt have a case to justify what the magistrate gave them judement for, my Atty (who is on retainer/standby) basically told them (including their Atty) the circumstances dont favor them at all....so in agreement their Atty suggested they should (better) accept the offer!!

I guess $1750 is better than $4500+ & I did learn alot from this.......! So what am I doing now, well after some storm damaged tree work from last week....I am currently doing a paver patio, versa Lok wall project & a perimeter landscape!! this owner said: do what needs done!...Thank god!!

Thanks everyone for listening & the advice, I know there might have been some back n forth stuff.....but hey, water under the bridge & moving on!!

LXT....................

Hi, LXT. Glad everything is over. It went the way I knew it would, but glad you could cut your loss, to an extent.

I think I'm not understanding what you're up to, now. I hope I have it wrong. What do you mean by the "do what needs done!" line? Surely you've learned from your recent past, right? I mean, don't let this be a case of "the wise man makes a mistake once, the fool, over and over." You cannot do a job without an agreed plan and expect it to have a happy ending should it go into litigation. Come on, man, tell me you've learned your lesson from the last debacle. Tell me I'm way off here, as I sincerely hope I am.

Sunrise, what I meant with the line in question is: to do it the right way & not cut corners...which is the way I do all my jobs!!! except for the one mentioned here.....my bad!...no more customer request crap for me! its my way (mfg specs) or no way!!!

No fool again!, all future jobs will be done according to spec...even if its a gray area & not clear in the technical build nature?? I have over 1/2 million dollars in wall builds & this one was my 1st sour one.

Hey Jeff...nice article in the TCIA mag, mines right below yours.

Be safe, Take care!

LXT.....................

Sunrise, what I meant with the line in question is: to do it the right way & not cut corners...which is the way I do all my jobs!!! except for the one mentioned here.....my bad!...no more customer request crap for me! its my way (mfg specs) or no way!!!

No fool again!, all future jobs will be done according to spec...even if its a gray area & not clear in the technical build nature?? I have over 1/2 million dollars in wall builds & this one was my 1st sour one.

Hey Jeff...nice article in the TCIA mag, mines right below yours.

Be safe, Take care!

LXT.....................

Whatch you talking 'bout Willis. LOL (lol means I am joking out loud),Hey LXT, is it in this month or last month. Got my CTSP #519, The owner of this company is the best I have met ever. After 33 years, I finally got a great boss!
Jeff :(

Whatch you talking 'bout Willis. LOL (lol means I am joking out loud),Hey LXT, is it in this month or last month. Got my CTSP #519, The owner of this company is the best I have met ever. After 33 years, I finally got a great boss!
Jeff :(

July`s issue! it is nice when you have a good boss to work for...not many around these days! take care & be safe!

LXT...........

Back