Converting my ms362 to standard carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4004.JPG IMG_3919.JPG Well this is what it looked like after running it 10 minutes switching it from 40/1 to 32/1. The
After running it again and checking plug the stupid thing is back to white at the same mixture. its a low hour saw I don't see how it would have leaks. I'm still convinced it's garbage design.

View attachment 612306 View attachment 612305 Well this is what it looked like after running it 10 minutes switching it from 40/1 to 32/1. The
After running it again and checking plug the stupid thing is back to white at the same mixture. its a low hour saw I don't see how it would have leaks. I'm still convinced it's garbage design.
Clearly changing from 40:1 to 32:1 did not cause that difference. So you really think it is more likely that Stihl put into mass production a design that cannot work, rather than that there is something wrong with your particular saw?

That's what happend. I pulled that plug so many times. It went back to white even at 32/1. After checking it when it was black. I thought I figured it out but no. The computer is jacked I think. That's why I wanna rip it out lol.

I actually started just taping the filter about 85% of the way to really trick that sob and it worked pretty good. Might not of had as much power but atleast it wasn't super lean. When it blew I noticed the tape kinda wore off lol. Oh well. Cleaned the jug and piston today and my buddies machine shop that he lets me use.

IMG_4947.JPG IMG_4948.JPG The pic where the electrode is brownish is with the filter taped I think. This is after the rings went. Same everything 32/1. I tried the whole idle for 30 sec thing on choke turn it off fire it back up and make cuts too

View attachment 612306 View attachment 612305 Well this is what it looked like after running it 10 minutes switching it from 40/1 to 32/1. The
I've had new saw with factory installed air leaks. I suggest having the saw diagnosed by someone who is qualified. The design is well proven, they're awesome saws.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

There's something wrong with it but no real way to know what it is. It looks like a major air leak. Why not get it fixed?

They told me 45$ to hook it up to a computer and diagnose it. Should have done that. I think they said computer was 45$ For a new one Which I think is the problem but never got around to it. Stihl guy at park rose was showing me a little screw on the carb that u can adjusted said that could be the problem. Idk.

They told me 45$ to hook it up to a computer and diagnose it. Should have done that. I think they said computer was 45$ For a new one Which I think is the problem but never got around to it. Stihl guy at park rose was showing me a little screw on the carb that u can adjusted said that could be the problem. Idk.
The saw doesn't have a computer. 45$ to hook it up = go to a different dealer, sadly most dealers are hopeless.

You're also making wild guesses based off of what appears zero knowhow when it comes to two cycle engines. The saw may or may not have an air leak, there is only one way to find out, vqc/pressure the saw, check the fuel lines for pin holes, impulse line for a crack. Check you fuel for moisture as that would clean a plug up fast too.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

carb is vacum controlled by my finger only. No cv diaphragm and it's supposed to be able to sense altitude and temp changes. As far as I know there's a computer to sense it.
All it does is fish for best rpm, too lean rpm's drop, too rich rpm's drop. The MTronic system does not sense temperature changes. The Husqvarna system is more advanced, but even than is not exactly a computer.

So far I have yet to see a confirmation of an actual electronic failure. The failures have so far been mechanical in nature.

Well if that's true must be air leak then. But I've had that plug do some funny things and go back and fourth on same changes when changing the oil ratio and fuel

I'd be looking close at the fuel. Just go ahead and replace the carb control valve, they are cheap and Stihl made them easy to replace. However you definitely want to leak check the saw, it's a must when a saw runs erratic IMHO.

Here's the piston. I think it just lost the rings unless it blew the base gasket becuse it did lose compression. Wouldn't even kick off the compression release. Measured the piston today 1.8467 about .001 taper and .003 clearance in bore, cleaned everything real good in the solvent tankIMG_5041.JPGIMG_5042.JPG

Back