Conveyor maintenance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just has one hose on for "up". 3 hoses total (can see the metal pipes on the side) two are for the conveyor feed, the other one is for up/down.

The other port on the cylinder (for down) has a vent. Up is pressure feed, down is gravity (like some dump beds). It works fine other than in the winter.
Usually I put something heavy on the valve and go do something else, or walk up the conveyor and use my 200lbs to help it go down.
Winter "average" temps here is typically -5 to around 10*.
After the oil is hot (after running for a good hr or more) then it goes down a bit quicker.

Weird thing is the other conveyor on the 18-20 processor is setup the same and goes down better. It's a 30ft though, mine is a 20ft.

The threaded rod on the cylinder was a "shop built" rod extension I built. Cost me maybe $25 for a ft of B7 rod and some nuts from McMaster Carr.

Makes sense there would have to be a vent.
Well, I made an assumption about the cylinder when calling. It may bite me in the butt. $158.00 for the cylinder plus shipping. They had to order it. I did call back yesterday to confirm, but the one in the know wasn't in.

Latest posts

Back