Cord of Red Oak?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
piece of cake for a 3/4 ton truck

I am sure a 3/4 ton truck would haul that safely..
Note this is in regards to another post.. That would put my dually over gvw. truck weighs 7200 empty of cargo.

I assume that was my post in another thread.;)
Hauling a load like that safely is in the hands of the driver, you have to think ahead. I wouldn't get out on the interstate and run 80, but for local deliveries it can be done. If a person wants to run down the road at, or above the speed limit while messing with the stereo, they are well advised to stay under the gvwr. And I know there are a lot of good drivers who adhere to gvwr's.
I put a 13,000 lb. skidder on a 5000 lb. trailer hooked to a 3/4 ton truck and go. If I stick to the gvwr I'd never get anything hauled.:D

Andy

Andy - i think we have all been there or done that at one time or another in one way or another, I know what you're talking about hahaah

Wismer,
I know it's probably not the best way to do things.:laugh:
I bought a Dodge 1 ton a few months ago, I thought boy I can really haul a load now. I bent the back axle on my 14,000 gvw dump trailer on the first load of firewood logs (they don't make axles like they used to). ;) Maybe I need a bigger trailer now.:hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Oh I am guilty as the rest

I hauled a slide in truck camper on a 2001 ford f250 on a short vacation 12 days.. From Indiana to Yellowstone and back. weighing in at over 10,500 on a 8800 GVW truck. But I had brand new E rated tires, so I was safe within the tire specs.. But I will say this once I got a new dually to haul that slidein, I will never haul it on a SRW truck again. The duals sure make it a more stable drive.Safer

I agree, dual wheels really add stability.
The way I over load I even put 10 ply tires on my wife's car. :laugh:
I may have worn out trucks, but the tires are good. ;)

Andy

Back