Cord of Red Oak?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ericjeeper

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
piece of cake for a 3/4 ton truck

I am sure a 3/4 ton truck would haul that safely..
Note this is in regards to another post.. That would put my dually over gvw. truck weighs 7200 empty of cargo.

redprospector

redprospector

Addicted to ArboristSite
I assume that was my post in another thread.;)
Hauling a load like that safely is in the hands of the driver, you have to think ahead. I wouldn't get out on the interstate and run 80, but for local deliveries it can be done. If a person wants to run down the road at, or above the speed limit while messing with the stereo, they are well advised to stay under the gvwr. And I know there are a lot of good drivers who adhere to gvwr's.
I put a 13,000 lb. skidder on a 5000 lb. trailer hooked to a 3/4 ton truck and go. If I stick to the gvwr I'd never get anything hauled.:D

Andy

Wismer

Wismer

ArboristSite Operative
Andy - i think we have all been there or done that at one time or another in one way or another, I know what you're talking about hahaah

redprospector

redprospector

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wismer,
I know it's probably not the best way to do things.:laugh:
I bought a Dodge 1 ton a few months ago, I thought boy I can really haul a load now. I bent the back axle on my 14,000 gvw dump trailer on the first load of firewood logs (they don't make axles like they used to). ;) Maybe I need a bigger trailer now.:hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

ericjeeper

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oh I am guilty as the rest

I hauled a slide in truck camper on a 2001 ford f250 on a short vacation 12 days.. From Indiana to Yellowstone and back. weighing in at over 10,500 on a 8800 GVW truck. But I had brand new E rated tires, so I was safe within the tire specs.. But I will say this once I got a new dually to haul that slidein, I will never haul it on a SRW truck again. The duals sure make it a more stable drive.Safer