Cords Per Year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 cord"ish" good wood plus 2 cord not good"ish" wood. 2400sq' 1970 raised ranch. If under 70F the family thinks they are soooooo cold. Oslo wood stove 100% wood heat.

Between 2 and 3 cords a year heating the basement with a woodstove. Usually oak (red, rock, and white) maple and cherry.

i was 3-3.5 cord a year with the insert alone. im not sure what ill use with the woodstove this year. i know it will be more. im telling myself 5-6 so ill have enough wood.

the insert heats a bit over 1200sqft. the woodstove heats double that since its in the cellar.

7-8 cords here, 4-5 of good hardwood in the heart of winter, plus a couple cords of box elder and other "junk" wood in fall/spring.

16x70 mobile home on full basement, Woodchuck wood furnace (older) supplying 90% or so of the heat needed, Propane furnace usually runs about once a day when the fire goes down when it's 15F or below.

Steve

About 7. Oak, Hickory, Silver Maple (I actually kind of like it), Ash, Katalpa, and whatever else I can scrounge.

This year I had to steal about 2 cords from my neighbor. (He helped me steal it, don't worry.)

Kindling? You'll never guess. The most expensive darn kindling on Arboristsite: Cedar siding. I built an addition onto my 100-year-old house and matched the siding with this expensive cedar stuff. Looks great, but I had a fair bit left over, so I cut it up and had my kids split it into strips. Works like a charm, but it's all gone now. Not sure what to use next year.

Appox. 6 cords last year , 2 cords was punky silver maple that sat around here here for a few couple years and the rest I started taking down in august .....my first year and big learning curve .

This season I am hoping to burn no more than 4 cords of white oak, pin oak,elm, and some silver maple ........plus a bin of crotches, cutoffs and other stuff that I don't waste time trying to stack or do anything with as long as it's will fit in the wood stove it gets tossed here 12' x 4' x 4' .

4-6 cords per year, depending on when it turns cold, and how cold it gets. If the outside temps are much above 40, we can't run the wood furnace because it gets so hot inside you can't stand it.

Mostly Oak, ash, but this year we will have a lot of Hackberry to burn.

7 to 7 1/2, but, I had a 50% mix of poplar last year and we started burning in
Oct. and finished in April.

4 cord a year 2100 sqft house. 99% wood stove use for heat! mostly maple,ash.cherry some oak when i get it!!:chainsaw:

Wow that's great, We burn 4.5 to 5 cords ash, oak, and mulberry this year.
We are also heating 2100 sqft, a ranch. In the worst months I'm still paying the gasman $110 to heat the bedrooms, run the stove and dryer.

10-12 cords last year with this drafty old farmhouse. Mostly red oak and some white and silver maple.

Just today getting R-30 insulation blown into the attic (I have R-9 there now :jawdrop:) so I'm hoping this helps a lot!

Latest posts

Back