cords per year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how many cords per year do some of you produce , and how is it done by [firewood processor or chainsaw and splitter]

I usally do 500 face cords a year with stihl 660 and walstein 4way splitter.Don't mind splitting the easy stuff in the winter with 6lb maul some times reminds how we use to do it.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

cords

30-40 cord saw/splitter work on weekends only when i feel like it in good weather and only half the year....very part time but love doing it.

Pacific Madrone and several flavors of Oak.

Also in Humboldt and we cut Pac Madrone, Tanoak, Liveoak [no more!], a little oregon Myrtle and a little alder and maple for smoke woods.

Madrone is as good as it gets for easy on the cleaning, low ash, and high heat. Liveoak is next, but it is also next to impossible to split.

Per Year

I run a very small firewood business, 5 to 10 clients

I produce about 6 chords a year to satisfy them, and then about 2 chords per year for my parents (they have 2 fireplaces)

I am thinking about producing more and expanding my firewood business but I have limited time at this point.

Equipment

Chainsaw and 8lb maul for years, just recently picked but a used brave 25 ton splitter

Changed fluids and filter runs like a champ

well I sold 92 cords last winter and I processed only 13 myself and of those 13 5 stayed at my place for heat, the rest was produced by a friend of mine and I just hauled and dumped it and colelcted the $$ and split it with him, he sold 350 cords last year including the 80 or so to me :jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back