cottonwood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullchisel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
tree was about 90 ft .the best part was the deck got built and then they wanted the tree removed .
675a0018vc2.jpg
675a0019cq9.jpg
img1225uh5.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job Fullchisel, did you leave it trimmed that way? lol.

What was the DBH of that beast? I remember taking down a 6 footer that was over 120' when I was 15 or so.

Nice job Fullchisel, did you leave it trimmed that way? lol.

What was the DBH of that beast? I remember taking down a 6 footer that was over 120' when I was 15 or so.

thanks when i cut the stump it was about 5 ft across.we had to climb part of it.i need a taller truck.what would you have charged for this tree?

Last edited:
1800$ around here. I figure one day + dumping expenses for the wood.

Its probably worth more (here in our economy locally) but some hack will always underbid unfortunately.

But then pictures can be decieving too.

Nice work. With good access like that, and a fairly large drop zone I woulda put 15 on it. It's worth more but I'd put that number on it to try and swing my bid just under the big boys. There are plenty of guys that would do it for half that around here though.

It's a big a$$ tree, with the new deck under. In the summer I would have thrown 2400 at it. I've done bigger for 2200 with stump, oops. Winter rates, I bet it went for 1800 with stump and clean up.

So what did you do it for? Don't be embarrassed if it was lower at least you had something to do!

I always figure what it SHOULD go for, dreaming of course. Then figure what everybody else is gonna be bid. Then bid it as low as I can without hating myself, taking in all the factors; obstacles, hauling, difficulty, can the bucket reach all of it, etc. There's a price to bid it and a price to get it.

Sad but true.

:buttkick:
I always figure what it SHOULD go for, dreaming of course. Then figure what everybody else is gonna be bid. Then bid it as low as I can without hating myself, taking in all the factors; obstacles, hauling, difficulty, can the bucket reach all of it, etc. There's a price to bid it and a price to get it.

Sad but true.

ditto!
I would have hit that at 1200.00 full clean up,and would have to sweet talk HO into it.

Back