*cough* lunchbox protection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanBrown3D

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok so my New Tribe progear harness is great, but its a bit of a ball crusher. Tips welcomed here! (Urgently!)

I have finished making kids now, but still I don't care for the pain much. Is there something like a hockey protector that can guard against squashing?

Cheers

Dean

:blob5: :blob5:

Makes me think your saddle is too small. For SRT climbing with NT saddles some people wear an athletic cup. With SRT you're positioned more vertical and you get wedgied (is that a word?). For DdRT climbing it shouldn't be a problem unless your saddle is a little too small. On a NT saddle the leg straps shouldn't be snug on your legs like a standard arborists saddle. If they are give NT a call and discuss fitting with them. They're very good about setting you up with the right fit.

Also try lowering your leg pads using the adjuster straps in the back so that the bottom of the leg pad is just a few inches above the back of your knee, that may fix everything right there.
-moss

Last edited:
I don't have the same type of saddle, mine is an arbormaster with the baton. I keep the legstrap part as loose as it will go. Try that.

moss said:
Also try lowering your leg pads using the adjuster straps in the back so that the bottom of the leg pad is just a few inches above the back of your knee, that may fix everything right there.
-moss

I tried a New Tribe saddle before I bought my buckingham Traverse, and decided on the batten butt strap Traverse for the very reason you are experiencing. But Moss is right as usual. When I was able to keep the leg straps just a few inches above the back of the knee and not let them get up into my groin the saddle was very comfortable, and of course the light weight was wonderful.

I just couldn't get them to stay down. When I started reaching and twisting they invariably worked their way back up into my groin.

Yep they do that to me too after a bit of drt. But I got an athletic cup today and all was good.

Thanks for the help!

Dean

Where are you clipping in? The New Tribe has a reputation for NOT being a nutcracker. If you are attaching to the Pear or Delta link you may be off on your balance point causing the saddle to slide up. Many people like to attach there but I find that everything works better if I clip into the D on the leg strap bridge.

You already have your kids - ever consider castration??? :hmm3grin2orange:

Seriously though, it sounds like it might be a tad too small...

DeanBrown3D said:
Ok so my New Tribe progear harness is great, but its a bit of a ball crusher. Tips welcomed here! (Urgently!)

I have finished making kids now, but still I don't care for the pain much. Is there something like a hockey protector that can guard against squashing?

Cheers

Dean

:blob5: :blob5:
New tribe is a rec saddle whadya expect?

Latest posts

Back