Could Dolmar do it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fastcast

Fastcast

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have owned both the 361 and the 5100 at the same time (Sorry, no timed cuts...just opinion). IMO the 361 had a small edge with 20" bars, in full bar cuts. But... 18" bars or less and its a pretty good match. The 5100 hundred is a tenacious little speed demon. Both good saws, but I sold the 361 and now own 2 5100's. I just can't help but think that a 59cc dolmar motor on the 5100 chassis would stand above the 361 and 357, at any comparable bar size.

Oh no! :laugh: ......... and probably not worth a 35% increase in price to power, over a 5100......:givebeer:

Sounds like Scooter is ready to rumble!:jawdrop:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
LOL.....Just the weight game eh?......:givebeer:

If I recall, Thall said the the 5100 could just about hang with the 361......I guess you have a differing impression.....That why some numbers would be interesting to see but no takers, only talkers.....Is your 5100 running 3/8 or .325?

Tom never said that.....

Witchys 5100 has a 16" 3/8" setup, with 73LGX and LP chain.

The trick is to put a larger rim on the 361 in smaller wood (3/8x8 or .325x9), and the differense will be there - if not it will of course even out at some point.

Last edited:
Fastcast

Fastcast

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tom never said that.....

Quote from Thall...... Da JEWEL 5100 and OLE TOM 361, PERFECT SAWS........tread/thread

"Both cut fine. Both are a pleasure to us e. Both are smooth in the hand and easy to manage in the wood. Running them I notice the 5100 is quick, real quick. The 361 runs like a Stihl, in the wood and out the wood at the same pace. The 5100 flies into the cut and holds its speed very well. In small wood, 12-16inches I beleive the 5100 will cut right with, maybe a tad faster than the 361. However if you bury the bars on both the 361 comes out the bottom first as it well should being the bigger of the two saws. I've never run any saw that will outcut the 5100 cc for cc. For its size its one mean saw. A firewood cutter would be happy with either one, no question about it."

04ultra

04ultra

"Out of Control"
. AS Supporting Member.
Quote from Thall...... Da JEWEL 5100 and OLE TOM 361, PERFECT SAWS........tread/thread

"Both cut fine. Both are a pleasure to us e. Both are smooth in the hand and easy to manage in the wood. Running them I notice the 5100 is quick, real quick. The 361 runs like a Stihl, in the wood and out the wood at the same pace. The 5100 flies into the cut and holds its speed very well. In small wood, 12-16inches I beleive the 5100 will cut right with, maybe a tad faster than the 361. However if you bury the bars on both the 361 comes out the bottom first as it well should being the bigger of the two saws. I've never run any saw that will outcut the 5100 cc for cc. For its size its one mean saw. A firewood cutter would be happy with either one, no question about it."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wet1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Since buying the 7900, it might be tough for me to buy another Stihl/Husky. Hard to believe I'm saying that, but I'm that impressed with the Dolmar. Assuming their other saws are equally impressive, I'm tempted to sell some of my small to mid size saws and replace them with a 5100.

If a BB version of the 5100 was offered, I don't think I could resist buying one.

Dolmar, are you listening??? If so, while you're at it, get your sh!t together with the dealerships so people will actually consider buying your products! :D

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector

Hmmm, so that scoundrel friend of mine actually did, but I suppose he didn't put an 3/8x8 on the 361, for the smaller wood.......:jawdrop: :censored:

Anyway, I believe he later explained what he really meant to say - it was a loooong thread.....:laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

Last edited:
Scooterbum

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastcast

I think he was pretty clear in his desription................

Stil waiting for a Rumble..............any takers?:chainsaw:

heimannm
Actually I like the heavyweights...

Like this one...

attachment.php

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Mark

Scooterbum

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Carolina at it's closest point is still about 4 hours.Just tad farther then I want to go.:greenchainsaw:

1.5-2 hours maybe.

It's awfully quiet out there....................

Latest posts