Countyline 22 ton splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly what the sticker on the Briggs i put onto homemade splitter says "Made in China". Kinda hurts my soul but what can I do? And for the record, I have had zero problems with that engine. Easy starts, and dependable.

Thanks

I bought the Countyline last week. My son tried to find something it would no split. He did manage to make it labor a couple of times but it split everything he put in it. It does have the Kohler engine. My brother bought the Husky last year. The color is different and it has the Briggs engine.
I 2007 Kohler did move to China. Now called Kohler-YinXiang. "It was a joint effort to produce a quality engine at a better price".

Good by me - I have had this a year and five months- was concerned at first with the rep on the Kohler, but the price and need put me over the fence on getting it. Been very pleased with it & have not been able to best it yet on some pretty nasty crotches. Only comment is the noise level - figured I could replace the engine if issues down the road, but great so far...

Lately, I've been seeing Tecumseh engines pretty cheeeep, as Tecumseh has been out of business for some time now, and some places are "fire saleing" their NOS motors.

SR

Back