Couple of old Jonsereds in...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here's a nice pair, just got in yesterday. The first is a nice 910E. Low hours, looks like the original bar. Tons of compression, like any good Jonsey. I always thought the mufflers on these were plain like the 920s, but this one resembles a 70 muffler. It'll go nice with my full wrap 910EV.

Jonsered_910E_1.jpg

Jonsered_910E_2.jpg

Jonsered_910E_3.jpg

Here's my second 111S. Not as nice as the first, but it has tons of compression as well. The piston looks great thru the exhaust port, but it is missing the lower ring--a deficiency I will remedy. It needs a new muffler, but this one is usable.

Jonsereds_111S_2.jpg

Jonsereds_111S_1.jpg

Jonsereds_111S_3.jpg

Jonsereds_111S_4.jpg

For the time being, the 111S will take a backseat to a Pioneer RA and a Pioneer 750 that I need to finish up.

Chris B.

Very nice Chris. I always thought I wanted a 111S to kind of round out the Jonsered family but I'm not sure I'd have a place to put one. I have run a couple and they do have some guts.

I do have a 910 and a 930 but both have seen some use, hopefully one day I'll get to cut some wood again and they will see some more.

Mark

I have a real soft spot for all the 900 series Jonseys. One of the earlier saws I've ever owned. Never really heard anyone say a bad thing about them and I know my 930 turns heads. Helping ModifiedMark with his 920 made me appreciate them all over again.

Chris B.

THat is a VERY clean 910 you have there.

The 111's commonly came with only one ring. That really isn't a deficiency, just the way it came. I am not sure why they did this but both the early 2 ring and later one ring piston still had 2 grooves. If I remember correctly, JJ said it is because of performance.

The 111's commonly came with only one ring. That really isn't a deficiency, just the way it came. I am not sure why they did this but both the early 2 ring and later one ring piston still had 2 grooves. If I remember correctly, JJ said it is because of performance.

I sort of knew that and it didn't really worry me much, but it still doesn't seem right to be missing a ring. I always figured pulling a ring was a redneck way of upping performance.

Chris B.

THat is a VERY clean 910 you have there.

I sort of knew that and it didn't really worry me much, but it still doesn't seem right to be missing a ring. I always figured pulling a ring was a redneck way of upping performance.

Chris B.

I've never been a big fan of running one ring in a two-ring piston but I've seen several 111S saws with one ring that appeared to be
completely unmolested. So if it wasn't happening at the factory then maybe some dealerships were doing it...

My 111S is all original and it only came with ring as well, and it's the "Western" version.

I've never been a big fan of running one ring in a two-ring piston but I've seen several 111S saws with one ring that appeared to be
completely unmolested. So if it wasn't happening at the factory then maybe some dealerships were doing it...

My 111S is all original and it only came with ring as well, and it's the "Western" version.

For what's worth, the IPL from 1983 only shows one piston ring. I am guessing that they came from the factory that way.

Jacob, What doe's the western version look like.
Different air filter?

Lee

Chris, your a real dog, you know that? :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice saws both of them! Very pretty 910.

BTW I think I found some studs for the Husky bar coversion on the 920! Just need to but the lathe back together to turn out some spacers for the cover.

Chris, your a real dog, you know that? :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice saws both of them! Very pretty 910.

BTW I think I found some studs for the Husky bar coversion on the 920! Just need to but the lathe back together to turn out some spacers for the cover.

What model did are you using the studs from? I am interested in hearing how it works out.

:cheers:

What model did are you using the studs from? I am interested in hearing how it works out.

:cheers:

What model? Well thats the problem, the ones I found maynot be easy to get. I found a pair of Husky 77 studs listed on ebay that looked right so I checked my 77 to be sure and I think they will be a perfect fit.

I will machine some spacers to install in the clutch cover to bush it down to 8mm for the new bar studs.

Highjack over. :msp_tongue:

My 111S (now cbfarmall's first) originally came with one ring. I think I asked about it way back when and the consensus was "might as well put the second one in while it's apart" so I did.

Back