Craftsman 3.7/18, Roper C354 obsolete parts...help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave in VA

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I can deal with not find a chain on the shelf, i guess I'll have one cut for it.

But what I really need is a bar. The local equipment shop told me to buy a new saw....
I haven't really had any luck at Tractor Supply, and most places look at me like I am crazy. I have a 20 inch bar I picked up which I think I can make work with a custom cut chain, but I need the saw to be up and running by Thursday, so time is tight. Any ideas on an interchangeable 18 inch bar?

I guess that I don't understand? I can take a Oregon bar for an Echo, drill a hole to the upper side of the adjuster hole and use it on a 254xp Husky, just because the dealer says " YOUR SCREWED" does not mean that you can't use the saw.

The Craftsman/Roper uses the same bar mount as McCulloch and Poulan. Oregon D276 I think.

And, yes, when it comes to guide bars, the drill press is your friend.
Believe me, having been involved in dragracing and wheeling jeeps, I know all about "making it work". I was just wondering if anyone knew of an off the shelf interchange.

If it looks like one of these I can help you out....

Craftsman38fromSteve001.jpg

If it looks like one of these I can't...

Poulanfamilyportrait005.jpg

The problem is that I will not be back in Virginia until Friday. If yours is the top saw, I will give you the whole thing if you want to come to Louisa County to pick it up during the day on Friday or I could meet you in Ruckersville (south of Culpeper on Rt. 29) on Friday night.

If it looks like one of these I can help you out....

Craftsman38fromSteve001.jpg

If it looks like one of these I can't...

Poulanfamilyportrait005.jpg

The problem is that I will not be back in Virginia until Friday. If yours is the top saw, I will give you the whole thing if you want to come to Louisa County to pick it up during the day on Friday or I could meet you in Ruckersville (south of Culpeper on Rt. 29) on Friday night.
I have the Roper C354/Craftsman 917 on the bottom. :-/

Thanks for the offer though! I think might just end up doing a little custom work on a bar I found to squeeze a smudge more adjustment out of it.

I.just got bar off ebay that was told will work..
oregon 180 pxbd 082 ..
they have not made bar in 20 y ears ..
i heard you can make k041 bar work with .325 pitch ...

It is worth fixing if you can find a bar. I serviced this one two years ago for a friend and he uses it all the time:
Craftsman 3.7 Chainsaw.JPGVery well made. Seems like other bars would work if the oiler hole lines up and the chain temsioner works.

I use 20" k041 bar with .325 pitch on my 3.7Roper ,, as its the same bar/chain that my Poulan 3.3/3300 s use... had to file the adjuster a small bit, but it wasn't anything major...

I can deal with not find a chain on the shelf, i guess I'll have one cut for it.

But what I really need is a bar. The local equipment shop told me to buy a new saw....
I haven't really had any luck at Tractor Supply, and most places look at me like I am crazy. I have a 20 inch bar I picked up which I think I can make work with a custom cut chain, but I need the saw to be up and running by Thursday, so time is tight. Any ideas on an interchangeable 18 inch bar?

I bought an Oregon bar the fits my Poulan 3700 which is the same as the craftsman 3.7. It works with no problems. I’m not home today but will gladly look and see what number it is when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got bar 180 pxbd082 and it fit perfect ..uses a 20 lxp chain with 74 links

Back