Craftsman 3.7 bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promac850

formerly promac610
Reaction score
Does anyone know what aftermarket bars fit this saw? I'm trying to find an Oregon or other reputable company's bar that will fit. (getting an order together from Bailey's) Answers sooner rather than later would be appreciated, as I have to place the order before Dec. 31 to get the little containers of oil with every Woodland Pro chain I plan to buy.
Thanks. Kyle

Last edited:
Does anyone know what aftermarket bars fit this saw? I'm trying to find an Oregon or other reputable company's bar that will fit. (getting an order together from Bailey's) Answers sooner rather than later would be appreciated, as I have to place the order before Dec. 31 to get the little containers of oil with every Woodland Pro chain I plan to buy.
Thanks. Kyle

If its a Poulan Craftsman(358 are the first three numbers). the Oregon D176 bar will fit. If its a Roper I don't know.

I just went out to compare mine with my stihl and husky bars but can't find the bar off the sears saw..

Thanks guys, I forgot about the search function... anyway, I plan to be noodling with it in the spring!!! :biggrinbounce2:
Kyle

Its a Roper/Craftsman, not the Poulan/Craftman. I measured the underside of the clutch cover and it came out as something close to 2"
Will that work? :D

sure will,,, i just noodled up some narly maple today,,, i took the powersharp stuff out of my saw for more clearance, and it throws noodles 8-10 inches long,,, sure beat malls and wedges!!!!!!!

If its the roper model 3.7 craftsman the oregon powermatch plus bars that are for the mCcollough saws like the mac 10-10 are an exact fit!...that is IF it is set-up for 3/8 chain. I have a oregon powermatch 18" on it with stihl RSK chain and its a good saw now...lol It pulls it quite well.:cheers:

If its the roper model 3.7 craftsman the oregon powermatch plus bars that are for the mCcollough saws like the mac 10-10 are an exact fit!...that is IF it is set-up for 3/8 chain. I have a oregon powermatch 18" on it with stihl RSK chain and its a good saw now...lol It pulls it quite well.:cheers:

Well, I'll be damned. If that is the case, then I could find a good PM 610 20" bar and chain, and throw that on there with a 7 pin 3/8" rim.

It is the Roper, but is the second generation one... is yours the first, you know, boxier one? Mine doesn't run perfectly, so I plan on tearing it down sometime. Not now, of course, but maybe this summer.

Well, I'll be damned. If that is the case, then I could find a good PM 610 20" bar and chain, and throw that on there with a 7 pin 3/8" rim.

It is the Roper, but is the second generation one... is yours the first, you know, boxier one? Mine doesn't run perfectly, so I plan on tearing it down sometime. Not now, of course, but maybe this summer.

I dont know generation...but judging from your clutch cover pic it looks exact...except the oregon powermatch lol Its red and black and says 3.7 and 18" on the clutch cover...i dont know the exact model number off hand. And its actually dads saw but it needs a carb re-build and the low jet screw...somehow his vibrated out. I have it as of now but to me its still his....he likes my 460 mag better..haha And this saw was scored pretty bad but i tore it down and cleaned up the cyl and piston...even though i would have liked to put a new piston in it...but i couldnt find one. And i put new rings in it....it runs good now....well...it did..lol But yep the mac oregon powermatch will bolt right up....and i would say that would be the wiser chioce for this saw. ;)

Cool, thanks for the help guys. :cheers: These are times to revive 'dead' threads.

I will check the bar oiler holes and slots between the 20" bar on the PM610 and the 18" bar on the Craftsman. Since it all sounds like it works, I am not expecting to have to do much to get a new Powermatch to work. :) However, I may not get to this for some time. When I do, I'll be sure to make a detailed account of it in the thread of the rebuild.

Cool, thanks for the help guys. :cheers: These are times to revive 'dead' threads.

I will check the bar oiler holes and slots between the 20" bar on the PM610 and the 18" bar on the Craftsman. Since it all sounds like it works, I am not expecting to have to do much to get a new Powermatch to work. :) However, I may not get to this for some time. When I do, I'll be sure to make a detailed account of it in the thread of the rebuild.

I already checked, measured, and compared both bars side by side.....oil holes and slots are identical as well. One step ahead bud..lol;):cheers:

I dont know if pm610 bars are the same mount as the 10-10...if so then identical.

I dont know generation...but judging from your clutch cover pic it looks exact...except the oregon powermatch lol Its red and black and says 3.7 and 18" on the clutch cover...i dont know the exact model number off hand. And its actually dads saw but it needs a carb re-build and the low jet screw...somehow his vibrated out. I have it as of now but to me its still his....he likes my 460 mag better..haha And this saw was scored pretty bad but i tore it down and cleaned up the cyl and piston...even though i would have liked to put a new piston in it...but i couldnt find one. And i put new rings in it....it runs good now....well...it did..lol But yep the mac oregon powermatch will bolt right up....and i would say that would be the wiser chioce for this saw. ;)

Why is it the wiser choice? The Poulan K041 mount is virtually the same as the older Mac mount anyway.

You could also in about 5 minutes modify a small Husky K095 mount to work also.

Here is the K041 mount on a Mac.

attachment.php

Back