Craftsman bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bimop

Reaction score
I have a craftsman saw which isn't getting any bar oil (saw details below). I tried the compressed air test and verified that the line is clear from the tank to the outside ("B" in the picture). So I suspect the problem is with that black square thing on the outside ("A" in the pic). What is this black thing? Could it be the problem? Any other ideas on how can I fix it (for under $30)? The picture shows the area under the bar with the flywheel to the left.

saw.jpg

Displacement 2.6ci/42cc
18in bar
Eng. Family: SPW0420B24RA:EM

Thanks for any suggestions. FYI, I previously posted this question as a follow-on to another thread. "gumneck" suggested I post a picture.

Jeff (Bimop)

I'm pretty sure that your saw is a relabled Poulan which means that the oilers suck and need constant replacement. Either learn from the other inmates here or change your moniker to PoulanTech. There's someone here who uses these saws and replaces the oilers three times before junking them. I'm nowhere near as generous with my time.
Good Luck, John......

Bimop said:
I have a craftsman saw which isn't getting any bar oil (saw details below). I tried the compressed air test and verified that the line is clear from the tank to the outside ("B" in the picture). So I suspect the problem is with that black square thing on the outside ("A" in the pic). What is this black thing? Could it be the problem? Any other ideas on how can I fix it (for under $30)? The picture shows the area under the bar with the flywheel to the left.

saw.jpg

Displacement 2.6ci/42cc
18in bar
Eng. Family: SPW0420B24RA:EM

Thanks for any suggestions. FYI, I previously posted this question as a follow-on to another thread. "gumneck" suggested I post a picture.

Jeff (Bimop)

Hey Jeff,

Just saw this post. What's the saw's model no. if you dont mind my asking? I'd like to see a diagram for the oiler, could be a simple fix.

asuming u havnt changed bars id agree with other post. . the wrong bar,, even if everything else looks rite,, will not oil rite.i know people who operate saws that only get oiled as the oil runs off the bar on the bottum. . for their use they get away with it. it would never work on a saw thats getting used in heavy cut a lot. jmo

Latest posts

Back