craftsman/roper 917.353750 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronniemadeit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm new to this site and a bit new to chainsaws in general. I'm probably going to some negative feedback for what I have done but in the end, if I am successful, it will be worth it.

I have taken a craftsman/roper 917.353750 and mounted it to my bicycle (I will post pictures). I have done a bit of research and found that this is a good saw. It runs great and I have already welded a sprocket onto the clutch, but in the process of doing so, I broke the weights that are inside of the clutch.

I'm trying to find replacement parts for the clutch assembly but so far havent been able to do so.

I have used this site before i registered to solve a problem i was having with the carb and the information was great. Any advice on my current problem will be appreciated and if I am in the wrong place please let me know. Thanks guys.

That would be the older squarish looking Sears/Roper? For a clutch you are going to be reduced to Ebay, or another used parts source. Problem is removing those clutches without breaking the clutch discs is almost impossible, I have never managed to do it.

Here is a link to the Sears parts diagram that could help in identifying compatible models.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/cra...t=&q=917.353750&searchTerm=917353750&shdPart=

Latest posts

Back