Craftsman saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullCry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Who makes Craftsman saws? I have one I picked up out of a tool shed that the previous owner left behind. Cleaned out the carb and it runs like new...just needs a chain. Just curious, FullCry

Poulan made most of Carftsman's saws and still make the newer ones. Roper also made some older saw for Craftsman. What does it look like?

I'll have to post a pic. It doesn't look like a poulan as far as the shape of it...it's more squared off and the crank cover looks like a husky 55 kind of. It says 3.3 ci.....I think 55cc and sears best craftsman saw. Black in color I think with yellow stickers or blue lol.....have to look harder and take the pic. Thanks.

54.077311... cc's

I'll have to post a pic. It doesn't look like a poulan as far as the shape of it...it's more squared off and the crank cover looks like a husky 55 kind of. It says 3.3 ci.....I think 55cc and sears best craftsman saw. Black in color I think with yellow stickers or blue lol.....have to look harder and take the pic. Thanks.

54cc saw.

I too would like to find a reference on the Craftsman saws.
There should be some good saws out there for the taking!

The one that's a Solo is an earlier black Craftsman. The Sear's Best 55cc model. It's old enough not to have a chainbrake but they may have made the same saw with one. A local pawn shop has one that I'm trying to talk him out of. I think this model is an OleoMac if it's the one with 'easy start'. It looks a lot like a black OleoMac 330 that's just a bit bigger.
Boosted this from another thread, I don't know if it's correct info or not.
I was searching for 55cc craftsman info a couple of weeks ago.
But if the saw is 55cc then I don't think it is based on the 33-46cc plastic poulan saw.

Latest posts

Back