Craigslist stove find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My dad has been looking to replace his Glenwood kitchen range with a stove that would provide more heat. I was cruising Craigslist yesterday and found a stove that I forwarded over to him. He borrowed my brothers truck this morning and this is what he brought home. $150 dollars. I think it will out heat his old Glenwood by a bit.

IMG_1363.JPG

My dad has been looking to replace his Glenwood kitchen range with a stove that would provide more heat. I was cruising Craigslist yesterday and found a stove that I forwarded over to him. He borrowed my brothers truck this morning and this is what he brought home. $150 dollars. I think it will out heat his old Glenwood by a bit.

View attachment 500885
Hell a good price for that , around here anyway.

View attachment 500885

That stove is a Lopi Fire Dragon.

Built like a tank.

It is built for an 8" flue but a friend of mine ran one on a 6" flue for years and had no problems. Travis Industries.

It looks like someone has already been running it on a 6" flue, judging by the reducer on the flue outlet.

View attachment 500885

Are the top plates 1/2" thick?...That thing is built like a battleship.

View attachment 500885
I didn't think the type of ppl that desire to do their cooking on a wood burning stove still existed... outside of the amish community. is there a particular reason your dad does this?? its awesome either way. :)

I didn't think the type of ppl that desire to do their cooking on a wood burning stove still existed... outside of the amish community. is there a particular reason your dad does this?? its awesome either way. :)

yes, you have a point... I am quite sure many still do. however, prob a lot who don't... after all haven't yet seen any apps for wood stoves yet... lol ~

Back