Crane Use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jason j ladue said:
hobbs- i'm unfamiliar, what is it. is it some kind of a shock-reducing used to rig off the spar?

Its similar to the GRCS.

It is used to pretention the line. I give the GRCS the nod though for being a more vertisal device.

jason j ladue said:
hobbs- i'm unfamiliar, what is it. is it some kind of a shock-reducing used to rig off the spar?

Hobbs is one brand of a ratcheted aluminum drum, lowering device. You can use them for a variety of rigging situations, including drop-crotching. You can take all the stretch out of a rope before droppimg a big piece, thus limiting the distance it falls before you start breaking its fall. It allows for much greater "touch" in lowering and with a good operator limits the shock on the stick. Here is what one looks like http://www.karlkuemmerling.com/prod20.htm

Here are some picts of one in action. Just small limbs here but it can take big trunk sections too.

I went out again today, I will post the pics as soon as I get the cows back over the fence and mend it.

2 picks, 13k total. 7k on the first and 5k on the second.

Even have some vids, but I bet they will be too big for here, maybe some of the shorter ones...

Back