Crappy Stihl Cylinder - Looks like ChiCom Garbage!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see you speak your mind. Now I am gonna chime in on it. Nothing personal man!:cheers:

This is not Brad's problem!!! This is not his saw. Ship it back to the owner and let him do the warranty work. Brad refused to work on it, which is fine. Ship it back and tell him you don't feel comfortable moddin' it.

Sub par? Definitely. Defective? Hardly. We don't even know how it ran.

"When I see junk I know it" Guess it took a while for that 5100 of yours to be called junk. Same thing with that 346 that was giving you problems. As far as we know, that cylinder doesn't look pretty and has a chip. Other than that, we know nothing else about it. Let's not jump to conclusions. Hopefully stihl takes a look in the mirror and realizes that their equipment needs to look as good as it functions.

I love how everyone claims that Stihl charges a premium price. Hardly, if 30 to 50 bucks is a premium price, give me a break. The only company that really has good prices on certain saws is Redmax. People buy these saws on the internet thinking they are getting a deal. Factor in shipping and the price difference is moot. Talk to your dealer about price, get a freebie thrown in. Are you really gonna pay the kind of money people ask for Efco's or Echo's? Just about every saw available out there are priced closely to any stihl saws in the same category. The 260 is the only stihl saw that is costs vastly more than the competitors. Options are great and I love checking out all saws, but Stihl's don't cost a premium price!!!

Been looking for a 441 Dealer quote 919.99 fullwrap 32. Madsens even 791.00 halfwrap 28

Been looking for a 441 Dealer quote 919.99 fullwrap 32. Madsens even 791.00 halfwrap 28

Obviously you gotta shop around. You would love my closest husky dealer. Just sold their old edition 346 earlier this year. They also charge shipping on any part that needs to be ordered. I paid 15 bucks for a 7 dollar part not too long ago. 85.00 bucks an hour too for repair services.

Obviously you gotta shop around. You would love my closest husky dealer. Just sold their old edition 346 earlier this year. They also charge shipping on any part that needs to be ordered. I paid 15 bucks for a 7 dollar part not too long ago. 85.00 bucks an hour too for repair services.

You ever hear of Madsens. LMAO

I thought you made a point of avoiding the point?

attachment.php

No Ed, I drove home the point on Woodie, thats all. He enjoys dishing as hard as he can with no vested interest what so ever in this thread, this is all fun to him, he loves tormenting me with anything he can and I don't mind but hey two can play that game, what I said to him was low, it cut deep I know but he deserved it and I'm just getting warmed up,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'm having a tuff time today with selling Stihl, 10 out the door already, and playing here as well. I'll chime in as time and sales permits, I wanna give Woodie some more,LOLOLOL

No Ed, I drove home the point on Woodie, thats all. He enjoys dishing as hard as he can with no vested interest what so ever in this thread, this is all fun to him, he loves tormenting me with anything he can and I don't mind but hey two can play that game, what I said to him was low, it cut deep I know but he deserved it and I'm just getting warmed up,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'm having a tuff time today with selling Stihl, 10 out the door already, and playing here as well. I'll chime in as time and sales permits, I wanna give Woodie some more,LOLOLOL

Ten by lunch time? You're still the champ!!!:clap:

hows work Woodie? Do you wish you had been working at Stihl instead of Ford

Do you wish stihl hadn't compromised its ethics by putting crap cylinders in saws and selling them for the same price as the good ones...just so they could 'keep the lines running?'

I guess the diference here is that...I'll get another job. But it's gonna be awfully tough for you to come on here and 'defend stihl's honor' in the future.

Well at least we don't have to here the excuss QUALITY COST when someone complains about steals prices.

Ten by lunch time? You're still the champ!!!:clap:

Make it 13 by 1.25pm. Mostly trimmers and blowers. They are messing up my fun time Spike, gonna have to get ruff with these customers so I can come play, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Come to Ohio and talk to the loggers, tree guys, landscapers. They will tell you why they run what they run.

Go to Ohio with pics of that cyliner and that tuff looking rod (show them THALLS gently coaxed rod, it doesn't have to be bent to look like cheap crap). Show them to the loggers without telling them the brand and ask them what they think.

You'd be a fool to argue that there is not a reason for loyalty to the Stihl brand. But you'd be an even bigger fool to hope that will be enough to get people to overlook shoddy workmanship and materials.

Back