Cruising Cypress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats a fall and run behind another tree so you don't get wet right ?:popcorn:

how do you remove the trees afterwards heli ?

If memory serves correct, that's one place where the temp. and humidity are about the same this time of year (98* and 98%). Of course the temp. should win in another month.

Andy

We definitly have a dry season and a wet season. winter is wet. summer/fall is dry. You have to monitor the site, keep an eye on the ground and bayou's. believe it or not it dries up pretty damm well, and the ground gets very hard. The soil is a clay loam, which when dry is like cement. Also beavers are a major problem, we have full time beaver trappers here. When we know we want to get on something like this we send in the trappers for several months, then we bust the beaver dam with trackhoe or dynimite drain the water and let dry. We have two loggers with special equipment. Tracked skidders (CAT). They are slow and do not produce much but can log where others cannot. six loads a day mabe. cypress knees give rubber tires hell. some knees are 6 feet tall.

They don't use any Bombediers there? I have seen them demonstrated and thought that they where designed for that kind of work.

We definitly have a dry season and a wet season. winter is wet. summer/fall is dry. You have to monitor the site, keep an eye on the ground and bayou's. believe it or not it dries up pretty damm well, and the ground gets very hard. The soil is a clay loam, which when dry is like cement. Also beavers are a major problem, we have full time beaver trappers here. When we know we want to get on something like this we send in the trappers for several months, then we bust the beaver dam with trackhoe or dynimite drain the water and let dry. We have two loggers with special equipment. Tracked skidders (CAT). They are slow and do not produce much but can log where others cannot. six loads a day mabe. cypress knees give rubber tires hell. some knees are 6 feet tall.

Sounds cool if your around when they log it take some pic's never seen that done before all we have are rubber tired skidders.

Buzz, I am no longer a employee of that timber compay so it might be hard for me to catch up with those loggers. I do have friends who are still there, and I just started crusing some timber in that area so I might be able to get some pics, if they are close by. It is a pretty cool piece of equipment. It looks like a high tracked dozer with a log grapple on the back. I have never seen them for sale at equipment yards do I really do not know where they come from. It might be custom made.

kkottemann

u have us hooked on your pics:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

more welcome anytime:) :) :)

Back