CS-590 72 DL Bar and Adapter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyRhino

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all - I have read quite a bit on this forum and I am now going into a tail spin. So, this post might seem a little straight and to the point and in no way is meaning to sound rude. I am at the tail end of felling 100 (+/-) trees on our lot. I had four massive oaks taken down by a pro (I am not skilled enough for that - the others I took down), roughly 24" wide or so I am assuming, defiantly wider then my 20" 70DL bar. I know what I am about to say might spark up some debate, however, I just need someone to tell me who sells what I need so I can finish up my year long project. I have 3 full skip tooth chains that are actually 72DL (I learned the hard way this is not the same as 70DL - DUH!). I found that @F150 sells some sort of adapter and bars to convert over to 72 DL and I have posted a message to him about this. I have also found this thread http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/bar-adapter-sale.285145/ and this seems what like what I am needing.

I need someone to please tell me who is selling the adapter and bars or is there a bar without a adapter that I can purchase.

As you might image I am just ready to be done with this project and it would be great to get something in my hands before this coming weekend.

Side note - thanks to this thread I deleted that muffle reflector thing and was able to re-tune. Runs great - Just need a new bar now.

TIA

Got it all sorted and parts are on the way. This forum has a wealth of information. Maybe to much for the weekend warrior like myself. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

644f5461b046a0b509530ce1650fb1ea.jpg

15b7aa12e6827eda85b25a368a675753.jpg

This saw is hungry now. Cuts all my oak like butter. The weight of the saw is enough to cut right through.

Night and day. I would never use any other kind of chain now.

Interesting. I may have to get one to try. I have already been thinking about getting one for the 32"bar, but it stays on the 8000. I haven't tried it on the 590 yet, it's too much for that saw for sure.

Interesting. I may have to get one to try. I have already been thinking about getting one for the 32"bar, but it stays on the 8000. I haven't tried it on the 590 yet, it's too much for that saw for sure.

My saw used a lot less gas now also. I can only assume this is because it is no longer struggling. I got a 3 pack off Amazon for $50 or so.

My Chinese G621 clone came with what I believe to be a D009-equivelent mount bar, which didn't fit well since the G621 uses a D176 mount like the Echo. I made an adapter from the stainless strip left over from an old windshield wiper blade:

IMG_0526_1.JPG
IMG_0527_1.JPG
IMG_0528_1.JPG

I'm running an 84DL chain/bar with full comp Oregon 75DP semi chisel. It's wearing very well and I have hardly had to file considering how much it has cut.

Interesting, 20" full comp seems to cut very well on my 590. I've seen some running skip on 24" or bigger.

Interesting, 20" full comp seems to cut very well on my 590. I've seen some running skip on 24" or bigger.
20" seems like a short bar for full skip, especially on an engine set up for low rpm power.

Got it all sorted and parts are on the way. This forum has a wealth of information. Maybe to much for the weekend warrior like myself. Thanks.

Hi DannyRhino, can you please tell me what is the part number of your Oregon bar? did you ended up getting and what adapter ?

Thanks!

Hi DannyRhino, can you please tell me what is the part number of your Oregon bar? did you ended up getting and what adapter ?

Thanks!
The thread is 3 years old and he hasn’t been on here in 2 years. TsuMura makes a bar, D176 Mount, that will fit right on the Echo 590 without an adapter and uses the more common 72 dl instead of the factory 70 dl for 20” bar.

Latest posts

Back