CS-590 Carb Kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginger15

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What is the carb kit for a CS-590? Having trouble getting the saw to idle and want to go through it. Any other ideas are welcome as well.

L is at 1 out, same with the high. It didnt want to idle on anything less than 2 turns out L which isnt right. It wasnt a steady idle either, it would be up, down, etc, then die. I'm at 3000' so it should be on the leaner side.

Thanks, started with taking the carb apart and cleaning with carb cleaner, all the gaskets were reusable so I put it back together. Still doing the same thing. Dies after idling for 30 seconds or so. 3 turns out still does the same thing. Air leak? What should the idle screw be set at?

I just played with 2 of my 590 today but don’t know how many turns out the idle screw is. I’ll check them tomorrow and let you know.

Try following the instructions in this video, it honestly sounds like your carburetor is just way off, 3 turns out is way too much! It should be like one 1 to 1.25 out on the L and like half a turn out on the H.

Totally agree . My CS600(essentially the same saw) has HI at just about 1/2 turn open. BTW, great video.

Thanks, started with taking the carb apart and cleaning with carb cleaner, all the gaskets were reusable so I put it back together. Still doing the same thing. Dies after idling for 30 seconds or so. 3 turns out still does the same thing. Air leak? What should the idle screw be set at?

Was the diaphragm soft and pliable? That's all that needs changing sometimes.

Yes, diaphragm was good. It takes full throttle just fine but wont idle. I did some looking last night and another site had a guy with the same symptoms and problem, turned out to be a leaking Decomp. Will take a look at that today.

Factory settings are 2 out on the L and 3/4 out on the H.

Yes, diaphragm was good. It takes full throttle just fine but wont idle. I did some looking last night and another site had a guy with the same symptoms and problem, turned out to be a leaking Decomp. Will take a look at that today.

Factory settings are 2 out on the L and 3/4 out on the H.
Factory setting are just a basic setting to start with, fine tuning is always required. A bad decomp could cause some erratic idling. Aga in check the video out, lots of guys have a hard time understanding how to properly set a saw up on the low side, usually they're way too rich.

I wont have time to work on it again until Thursday or Friday. Will update then. Its very erratic idling. It will run fine, then act lean, bouncing back and forth between lean and fine, then die.

Well the new decomp did nothing. It does the same symptoms if the carb is 1/2 turn out or 2 turns out. Idles fine for a moment, acts lean or rich then shuts off, takes full throttle just fine. Going to pressure test and vac test it. I know about the carb and exhaust port, what else needs to be blocked and where? Would a video help you guys out? Saw shop refused to do anything but put a carb kit in for 50$.

Jftr, the decomp isn’t even needed on that saw.

I’ve used my decomp exactly once. Why use something that can become problematic when the saw turns over easily anyway?

That being said, the decomp might come in handy when I get older and even weaker. Ha!

Sorry, that is no help whatsoever. I don’t know where my screws are either. About 1 and 1, as a guess..probably a bad guess.

Latest posts

Back