Cs590 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilliams

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Alright guys so I have a cs590 muffler mod, base gasket delete and .020 off the keyway for flywheel and it seemed to be running great for a bit. But now it seems to be lacking even with h screw all the way in can’t seem to get max rpm out of saw seems to be dogging in the top end Any input would help. Thanks John

You probably need to put the timing closer back to where it was. Most echos are advanced enough from the factory. That's what most folks say anyway. I have no personal experience with advancing an echo only a Stihl and a few Husqvarnas.

Swap the high speed nozzle for a non jet type. You can use JB weld to block the jet but that’s a backyard way of doing it in my opinion. HDA carbs seem to have a problem with check valves anyway so best to just swap it.

Alright guys I replaced the high speed nozzle and that solved the problem revs great now there is a problem with my idle. I can adjust it to where it’s hardly staying running and 5 mins later it’s revving at like 1/4 throttle at idle. Nothing is consistent. Any input

Back