Customer's Neighbors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for your insights. If the legit responses don't work...then acting worried and excited will have to do. Sounds like more fun than having a serious conversation with someone who wants work done but not from their property. Like George Costanza and the clipboard, no one questions you if you look busy and agitated. Maybe I should put his half of the tree on Craigslist.

Actually you should do this first as if it don't work its no real skin off your nose. If you act like God sent you to save the people from the trees they will be more inclined to respond better to legit manipulation. Ooop! Cats out of the bag now!
Try not to take sides between neighbors and act like its for the better of all mankind. Of course clean up any mess and fix the tire tracks with soil and seed if you have to.
AND Yes! People steal my material all the time and use it for sit-com. Hey! sit-com? Just like that yapping neighbor with Gucci glasses running around tripping on her flip flops with her big fat ass jiggling? I really need to start bring my video camera as I would make a fortune!
That's it! That is what I am going to do when I retire. Travel the country filming tree crews. Who wants to be first? whose bringing the trees?

and up goes your insurance premiums when you file claims.. I think he handled it the best way, bucket/careful/tip..
treeseer didn't say anything about filing a claim. Letting all parties know that you carry liability insurance, and even offering them a certificate is SOP, if needed.

That said, avoiding that neighbor and his yard altogether was the best way to go.

for me additional insured means more money every time. Not a bunch but some.

I get into this a bit more with government contracts. Try negotiating with your broker. Years ago, it was a common practice (free) and now the brokers are trying to charge for everything.

I think it is a fee established by the broker, not so much by the carrier. It is certainly variable in price and convenience, in my experience. My broker wanted to charge me $150 for adding an additional insured, and I told them that was outrageous. Told them they used to do it for free, and that nothing had changed, not even the customer they were writing it for.

They dropped the fee. That time only. I'm sure they are waiting for another request.

Thanks to all who responded. Turns out the neighbor was in a little bit of legal trouble already. He wasn't worried about our work effecting him or our insurance. He was worried that we may be hurt on his property and then seek to recoup damages from him. We settled on an agreement that our lawyer wrote up and he felt much better about the situation. It could not have been done without accessing his property, unless we used a much larger more expensive crane. The job was relatively easy with no real surprises.

As an aside...I was taught to use chain saws in the west, a face cut 1/3 of the way through the tree (traditional or humboldt) and then a level back cut. A friend grew up in the east. He cuts trees with a sloping down cut on the bottom of his face cut and a sloping down cut on the back cut as well. Never much agreed with his way. He's never agreed with mine. Who's right?

Thanks again for the responses.

Brent

As an aside...I was taught to use chain saws in the west, a face cut 1/3 of the way through the tree (traditional or humboldt) and then a level back cut. A friend grew up in the east. He cuts trees with a sloping down cut on the bottom of his face cut and a sloping down cut on the back cut as well. Never much agreed with his way. He's never agreed with mine. Who's right?

Thanks again for the responses.

Brent

You.

Back