Cut & Split

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danrclem

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got all of my wood cut and split. Now I gotta go lookin' for some more. It's a messy pile but I don't care. I'll put it in the barn as soon as it dries.

Oak, Maple, Black Locust and Superman Wood. I don't know what the Superman Wood really is but I thought I was going to have to get some kryptonite to conquer splitting it.

Danny

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Last edited:
Thats quite the pile of wood ya got there looks like youve been busy . I see ya got ya a chair out there so you can sit back with a cold one and admire your work . All of it split by hand? :chainsawguy:
:yourock:

Thats quite the pile of wood ya got there looks like youve been busy . I see ya got ya a chair out there so you can sit back with a cold one and admire your work . All of it split by hand? :chainsawguy:
:yourock:

No, I'm too lazy and too old to split that much wood by hand. Probably more lazy than old. I've got a Huskee 22 ton splitter.

I think my wife was sitting in that chair watching me work. I've got another chair underneath a little tree that I've been sitting in.

Danny

what is that weed growing next to the pile??

That's my mari,....just never mind. It's my cash crop. :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Nah, it's just some weed growing by the wood. I know ya'll ain't gonna believe that so I'll try to take a close up and post it tomorrow.

Danny

Nice pile of warmth there.
Hemp grows all over the place, strip off the outer coating of the stalk, and you can use the fibers to make some rope, nice to do in the shade when taking a break from splitting wood.

Looks like blackjack oak, Nice pile. You ain't gonna try and put all that in that shed are you.LOL I believe you will have to build it bigger.

I'm going to try and get all of it in there that I can. If I can't find a place to put it all I'll just stack it outside and cover it up.

I've located three good black locust trees that I can cut this fall. With fuel prices the way they are we've got to plan ahead.

Danny.

superman wood = seasoned gum
It is one of the few woods out there that gets harder as it seasons. Good for burning overnight.

Looks like blackjack oak, Nice pile. You ain't gonna try and put all that in that shed are you.LOL I believe you will have to build it bigger.

I'm going to try and get all of it in there that I can. If I can't find a place to put it all I'll just stack it outside and cover it up.

I've located three good black locust trees that I can cut this fall. With fuel prices the way they are we've got to plan ahead.

Danny.

I think there might be more to the shed than we can see.. it looks like it is a lean too to a larger barn/shed...
here's a thought .. .with that kinda pile maybe you could sell a few loads and buy one of those metal car-port thingys that seem to be for sale around 6-700 bucks... sure beats tarps... they can be a pain in the :censored:
just a thought.

I think there might be more to the shed than we can see.. it looks like it is a lean too to a larger barn/shed...
here's a thought .. .with that kinda pile maybe you could sell a few loads and buy one of those metal car-port thingys that seem to be for sale around 6-700 bucks... sure beats tarps... they can be a pain in the :censored:
just a thought.

It is a lean too on the side of my small barn. It used to be a horse stall but now I store wood in it. My barn has my tractor and some other junk in it and really doesn't have room for wood. I've been thinking about building a lean too on the back of my garage and that might solve some problems.

I really hate to sell my wood. It's hard to explain but I kinda get attached to it.

Danny

Back