cutting a 200 foot tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can think of three things here.

1.) Your scared and don't want to do this.

2.) sound like limited space(possibly limited escape) and a rotten leaner, have your will filled out and filed.

3.) Tally up all your belongings that add up to more than 50cents and put them all in a trust or something so when you destroy something or someone you don't lose everything. Yup even with a no liability contract a lawyer can/will at least cost you everything and possibly more while you try to save everything. Even an llc or an S corp won't save you unless you have followed the laws and regs to the letter and the vast majority don't.

Just cause your insured for a million doesn't mean that the possible ensuing litigation won't be for more.

Walk away.

No shame in that, I have been called just for the fact that I have walked away before. Honesty gets you father than just about anything. But if your gonna do this fake'um out good, make sure your jeans are stagged off, get some old spenders, a wore out old hickory shirt and a lip full of snoose, if your gonna play the part ya might as well look the part also. Run your saw wide open to warm it up, this may save you some grief hopefully you will have a melt down and blow up your saw so you can't do the job.

Don't do this.

Being a little scared now and then isn't a bad thing and pushes you to being better. Sounds to me like you are more than that, listen to the voice on you shoulder saying stand down. How many times in the past have listened to that voice and been damn happy you did, now how many times have you not listened and wished to hell you would have? If you do this take a good long look at your Mrs. and kiddos before you go and think about them on the drive over. Doing this has saved me more than once.

What ever your choosing let us know how things go.

Owl

This is the best advice yet.

I suppose I shouldn't egg the guy on without seeing the thing myself..

Exactly. Even with pictures it's hard to tell sometimes. And if you're not right there and can see every little thing, feel the wind, really judge the lean, all the stuff that goes into dropping one where you want it, it's a fool's errand to start telling a guy how to do it and guarantee the results.

I looked at a job in Boston once it was a old maple grown up between 2 triple deck houses. The owner of the house had some guy down the street that said he could cut it come down. Well this guy came down climbed the tree with no ropes and put a face cut in the wrong direction and started to make his back cut, he probably realized some thing was wrong judging by the time I showed up to bid on this mess his electric chainsaw was still in the back cut pinched with at least 40' of tree still hanging overhead with it's canopy. I wish I had a camera back then, it would have been a good pic to post. I pulled up to look at this job the neighborhood was out there looking at this mess, I didn't even get out of the truck, I said good luck and left. Not worth it people will sue you over the stupedist things.:deadhorse:

Latest posts

Back