Cutting in the wind. When do you guys call it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a time out.
Let me see, I should say to both or more of you,

Boys, don't get your panties in a bunch. Now group hug. Please.

speaking of group hugs:D

As my brother and I were growing up we fought more and more, finally my Dad had enough and bought 2 pairs of boxing gloves, whenever we went over to his house and started squabbling the gloves came out and the backyard was like Madison Square Garden, after a little bit of that we both had enough and are best buds

Sure I have.
However, I haven't split a money tree in years.
Which is why I offered my advice.
Some guys are too sensitive to just take it for what it is though, gotta get pissy, use the ignore feature...every forum has them.

You have not slabbed a money tree in years because timber is the size of large shrubs in New Hampshire. . .

My last day falling in Okiehoma before I got laid off was a windy SOB.

Skidder driver wanted the timber "straight down the hill."

I asked, what about quartered or sidehilled?

"No. straight down the hill so I can back up to them."

Ok then.

First little patch goes well, all in lead.

Second patch, really going after the wedges on almost every tree.

Third patch, #### it, I'm outta here.

No sense in fighting the wind and wedging EVERY tree.

1116101316-1.jpg

1116101236-1.jpg

1116101403.jpg

Aug1844.jpg

S6300092.jpg

S6300117.jpg

That's some nice looking pine. I like the bridge too.

Cutting yesterday afternoon with a pretty steady 10-15mph wind with occasional 20-25mph gusts towards the end of the day. I was able to play with most of them, but this one got away from me. I had it almost cut up and a gust took it from me. Pissed be off, wuda made a nice Ash log.

So when do you guys call it or when is it called for you?

Depends on how much you had to drink the night before, whether or not a hunting season is open, etc..........Lots of important factors to consider.......- Sam

Depends on how much you had to drink the night before, whether or not a hunting season is open, etc..........Lots of important factors to consider.......- Sam
Or if you have a couple love starved fat girls waiting for you back at camp...:blob2:

It takes a lot to piss me off. No time or patience for it. I could give a #### about words, but I don't have a problem throwing something back if I need too. A guy could be dead in 5 minutes, I like to keep moving.

Too windy to cut again today, but I got my shiny new tensioner and new fan belt back on my rig! After 2.5 days of no wood moving. Lots of cussin in the mud and greasy finger nails. Finally filling up the landing again with two loads to go out monday if the rain holds off. Keep movin.

Sam, I'm gonna start on one of those liquid variables right now!

It takes a lot to piss me off. No time or patience for it. I could give a #### about words, but I don't have a problem throwing something back if I need too. A guy could be dead in 5 minutes, I like to keep moving.

Too windy to cut again today, but I got my shiny new tensioner and new fan belt back on my rig! After 2.5 days of no wood moving. Lots of cussin in the mud and greasy finger nails. Finally filling up the landing again with two loads to go out monday if the rain holds off. Keep movin.

Sam, I'm gonna start on one of those liquid variables right now!

Count yer old Uncle Jake in, havin Breakfast for dinner and plenty of rum and coke :cheers:

I shall have to check the supplies, I'm thinking Marguerita. I am afraid the Pancho Villa is gone so may have to do something else.

What are you workin with Patti?

I might not be good at a whole helluva lot but I can infact mix up a drink and get creative

Sam, I'm gonna start on one of those liquid variables right now![/QUOTE]

Now ya gbt the right idea....you'll have the mental straightened out in no time. Party time.

Latest posts

Back