Dangerous chainsaw acting on Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almondgt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Check the pictures out on Ebay Item number: 230238622141
Dangerous at best!:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :monkey: :monkey: Jonsered 670 Husqvarna 61 Husqvarna 257 Husqvarna 254xp Husqvarna 261 Jonsered 2065
Jonsered 670 Jonsered 630 Husqvarna 357xp Not yet started

wow that dude is begging for pain. love the shorts, slippers, lack of gloves, lack of ear and eye protection and mostly lack of common sense

He should be on YouTube! The chain is hanging so bad on his bar!

he shouldnt be allowed to own/operate a saw. thats seriously an accident waiting to happen. hope he sells it before he cuts his dang leg off

Oh come on! Who's going to get all wrapped up to snap a couple of shots for ebay? Furthermore, the chain is tight in the running pictures, and many people store saws with the chains loose.

Safety Socks..............

And Safety Crocs!!!!! Them gator shoes are the best! not

Down in Florida, I guess it s too hot in April to wear proper clothing while operating a chainsaw................

ok so maybe im a little bent on safety. but on the other hand i still have my hearing and eyesight and all my limbs:cheers:

thanks almondgt

I was going to bid on that saw, but now that everyone on AS has seen it I won't stand a chance. My fault really I asked him if it ran, since his original discription didn't say. He added the pics of it running afterward. My bad. Just kidding, nothing personal. JR

Furthermore, the chain is tight in the running pictures, and many people store saws with the chains loose.

Can you really tell that the chain is properly adjusted when the saw is running?
I bet the last pic was taken immediately after the ones of him running the saw. Heck, he has the little stick he cut, in his hand!:monkey:

Can you really tell that the chain is properly adjusted when the saw is running?
I bet the last pic was taken immediately after the ones of him running the saw. Heck, he has the little stick he cut, in his hand!:monkey:

Look closely. If there is any slack in the chain, it will come off the top side of the bar from the centrifugal force. The bottom side will be held taught from the the pull of the drive gear. I don't see any slack at all in the running pictures. Do you?

ok so maybe im a little bent on safety. but on the other hand i still have my hearing and eyesight and all my limbs:cheers:

I agree that safety is important, but I don't see ppe as being highly necessary for one or two cuts for the camera. Accidents happen from inattention and fast production. For a few cuts, your attention doesn't have enough time to wander.

I agree that safety is important, but I don't see ppe as being highly necessary for one or two cuts for the camera. Accidents happen from inattention and fast production. For a few cuts, your attention doesn't have enough time to wander.

With respect i dissagree. Thats when my attention would be less likely to be on the saw. Im just a safety freak. I went to a friends house not long ago just to cut up a fallen branch. i suited up like i was gonna cut wood all day just for 15 mins of work

With respect i dissagree. Thats when my attention would be less likely to be on the saw. Im just a safety freak. I went to a friends house not long ago just to cut up a fallen branch. i suited up like i was gonna cut wood all day just for 15 mins of work

Nothing wrong with safe habits. :cheers:

Oh come on! Who's going to get all wrapped up to snap a couple of shots for ebay? Furthermore, the chain is tight in the running pictures, and many people store saws with the chains loose.

The chain is not tight. Look at the last picture. I doubt he tightened the chain for cutting shot and then loosened it back for the last shot.

Back