dating husqvarna saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmethodrose

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys,

does anyone know how to tell the age of a Husqvarna saw (year of manufacture)? sorry if this has been covered before, I tried the search but didn't find anything useful...

cheers
Joe

Most of those made the last 30 or so years, yes - but there isn't a simple way of describing how to do it, as the system has changed several times through the years.

You basically need to post the number and the color of the tag if you want one dated. A picture of the tag is even better!

Last edited:
You must be a "bottom" or something.

Everyone that owns a Husky is a bottom. Those saws will bend ya over! First with the exorbitant prices...then with the faulty parts....then with the biggest FU: No warranty on defective carbs! No vaseline, no warning...just pucker up its Husky time!

What about a husky 288. Its got a black tag and the first three digits are 921. I figure its a 1989 made in the 21st week. Is this right?

What about a husky 288. Its got a black tag and the first three digits are 921. I figure its a 1989 made in the 21st week. Is this right?

Most likely, if the tag doesn't also say 1999 plainly. I would want to know the total number of digits before giving a definite answer though.
Black tags with numbers starting with 7, 8 or 9 are among the easiest ones to make mistakes on, unless you have all the info of the tag available, or at least has more info than just the few first digits! There is no doubt with a pic of the tag available though.

Most likely, if the tag doesn't also say 1999 plainly. I would want to know the total number of digits before giving a definite answer though.
Black tags with numbers starting with 7, 8 or 9 are among the easiest ones to make mistakes on, unless you have all the info of the tag available, or at least has more info than just the few first digits! There is no doubt with a pic of the tag available though.

I'm at work. I just got the saw in the mail today. I will post the full number when I get home. I just figured the first three digits is what mattered so that is all i remember. Also the black tag. Its got the metal chain brake handle too. So I figure its a older model. I get off work in 30 min so I will post the rest of the ##. BTW troll I'm shooting you a PM with a few questions too.

Back