David Bradley 8G impressions-360 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidbradley360

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I lucked into a David Bradley 8G that was complete but not running- in the past 2 days got the pullstart working again, and spark (points were corroded). Well this morning just sprayed it with some starter fluid, and it started up then died. Holy crap that was easy ! Mixed up some fuel/amsoil mix, fueled it up, the darn thing was sitting there idling on its own in about 1 minute. Someone had the high mixture screw on carb at only 1/4 turn out, I set that at 1-1/4 and now it really wails at WOT, nice and steady. What a cool chainsaw, it sounds more like a snowmobile or quad engine than a chainsaw. This is the 134 cc/8 HP model that isn't too common on the for sale market, model 91760009. I'm seeing a lot of the 4.7 CID and 5.8 CID Bradleys for sale, but this is the only big 134 cc I've seen for sale yet. It's not a "360", but it is a gear drive.

question- did they make an 8G in the "360" configuration ? With the Acres site down I can't check it- looking at my other old DB saws, I sorta like that 360 option, it allows putting the chain/bar out to the side, so it's not inline with the operators hand, face, head, body. It would actually be a bit safer in case it shed a chain, or kicked back, with the chain/bar off to the right side in 360 mode.

anyone else own an 8G, if so what's your opinion of them ?

Back