David Bradley

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bultoman

Reaction score
Hi, I am fairly new to chainsaws in general and American made ones in particular, so I am hoping some of you may be able to help me out. I recently came across a David Bradley model number 917.60023 that i could not resist. It is just so different to the european stuff that I am used to, and looks a real beast. I bought it with the intention of maybe restoring it and getting it working again, just for fun. It is mostly complete, just minus the oil and petrol caps.
I managed to gleen that it is 95cc, uses an AH58 engine, whatever that is, and that they were sold through Sears, which I am lead to believe is a large chain of department stores.
My question is this. Are these saws well regarded in their home land, or were they a cheap and chearful product not really worth bothering with. They are almost unheard of here in the Uk, and any information regarding this saw, or other DB's would really be appreciated.
Thankyou in advance. Shaun.

They were a legendary saw here WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY back in the day. I have seen a few nicely restored ones. Go into the hotsaws forum and look in the collectors corner.

David Bradley used Power Products Inc. engines in most or mabe all their saws. A good saw if youve got a good strong back.

You'll probably see the letters FM on the recoil cover. It stands for Fairbanks Morse the company that built it. Bradley didnt make the entire saw. They bought peices from other companys and built the houseing.

The David Bradley is a nice old saw to collect.
I have a few of them. One of them i have restored.:D

bultoman:

Welcome to chainsaw heaven!

I'll agree with what the other guys have said so far and add that I have a David Bradley saw that I picked up at an auction recently. It has a Power Products engine as someone said and is heavy. I've had it running and it has a sound of it's own!

Good to hear from the UK, enjoy your saw....best wishes from Iowa, USA.

dave

I picked an old David Bradley at an auction last week. The price was right. It has good compression, good spark and I think it will run with a little carb work.
It is a 917.60029. 1965 77 cc I will clean it up when time allows.
Will try to attach a photo.

Welcome to the site.

Birdhunter

Latest posts

Back