Dayton model 3Z072

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A neighbor noticed me working on some saws during the week, and has given me the Dayton in exchange for trying to get his Mac 310 running. On acresinternet it seems that every Dayton is a relabelled Poulan, but I didn't find this particular model number. Any info would be appreciated.

Aw ra best...Chris J.

Graingers does not list the saw in the parts section. Poulan was no help, bar application guides did not list that model. How about a part number off say the flywheel? Should be a number like 530.039113. Then might be able to see what models use that part.

I'll check out the Lancasters to see if I can figure it out.

Now for something weird...ever since I received the saw I have referred to it as a Lancaster (I know because my wife corrected me several times), & this was before I made any effort to ID it. I must have read something somewhere.....Chris J.

Superman 36 nailed it. The muffler looks the one on the Lancaster Six 45 or Six 55; would be nice if turns out to be the Six 70. Does anyone know how to tell the Six 45 from the Six 55?

The recoil assembly, which needs to be removed, is held on with two very stubborn slotted screws, semi-recessed.

I'm giving this a bump because I really would like to know which Lancaster it is Six 45 or Six 55. All help is greatly appreciated.

Aw ra best!

ah yes. the dayton. i have one that is a little odd. the information card says 1970 beacuse that is when my father bought it used and that is the closest i can get to the year. how would you like to cut wood all day with this gem? marty

Back